Hi From Brisbane
Hi Guys, I have been on this forum fro quite some time and a while back i was talking about a vader costume,

Well after much reading and sorting out finances i have decided to give vader the flick and go with a stormy

Looking at a ROTJ suit.

I have no idea where to buy from etc, and really looking forward to getting involved, I would love to be an active member of the garrison.

Is there anyone in the brisbane / Ipswich area that is in the know with all this stuff, I have the time and i have the cash, I want to get started on my first suit.

Send me a message, and maybe we can organise a chat or something to help me get the ball rolling, I'll bring the beer.

Cheers

Damo
HI Damo and welcome to the Redbacks.

Sign up on the storm trooper detachment First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment or FISD for short. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ All things tk there Smile

For armour makers try these:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-196...per+armour

Also read up on the CRL
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj

You had me at bring beer Smile there are a few of us out Ippy way can drop in and have chat sometime if you like..
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Damo follow Phantoms advice and links and that will give you a good head start. Another thing you could do is come along to a troop and meet some of the guys and have a look at some of the armor close up and have a behind the scenes look at how the armor gets put on.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Thanks guys.

Phantom that would be great

Stormy. When Doyle troop meets happen and how do I arrange to come along

I have been reading those pages for a while now but find myself going in circles I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to forums lol
look at the top and click on Events

any troops are listed there. AP and general get togethers are mostly as well
DW2013 to DW2018
Doesn't seem to be a get together or anything like that on there. I might just rock up to one of the events and have a chat with someoen
welcome Smile
Welcome back. And good luck. Wink
Welcome mate.
We haven't got an "AP" (armour party) coming up but plenty of events!
Perhaps sign up for an event near you and come say hello.
You can see the troopers in action, look at some armour, get info, ask questions and help out.
We can always use another pair of hands and eyes especially when there are lots of kids around.
Hope to meet you soon and good luck with your trooper build.
Will do,

Am I able to sign up for an event without being a member ?

Happy to do either way

I was also looking around for gear and stumbled across this.
http://www.gofigurecollectables.com.au/b...tume%20Kit

Says its 501 approved, but is this something i should avoid ?
Of course you can sign up for an event, we love cadet wranglers Smile

And avoid that TK like the plague. I'm pretty sure it is EFX, and it might be approvable but not until you have sunk a LOT of money into fixing it up.
yeah ok cool, happy to be a cadet wrangler lol,

Someone will have to loan me a shirt haha

ill sign up for something,

one of the hardest things i am finding with these links and such is that there are no actual websites, would these places be able to email me details and price lists etc,

I guess its too late to sign up, but I will try and get to the book sale at logan tomorrow Smile

see you guys there,

Ill try and find something star wars to wear, closest thing i have right now lol
Mate you can ABSOLUTELY sign up for the book sale tomorrow!
Happy to have you. We'll have a jawa and a Sand trooper on show so you can see how the guys kit up (and down).
Just go to the 'events' word at the top of the page, and see the events listed by chronological date and sign up. If you can't come tomorrow there is another one in 2 weeks!
Send me an email if you have other questions about it...don't mean to derail your welcome post.

You might find with links to armour and kits you might have to email the suppliers...
meh @ derailing the post, im yet to see a post on any forum that hasnt been derailed lol,

But all good, I will do my best to get down there tomorrow and meet some people, get a few ideas going, as i mentioned earlier, I have been looking into this stuff for a while now, and reading time is over, I am very keen to suit up and get involved Smile

My budget at this stage is about $1200 for the suit, (boots gloves etc) then add whatever a decent weapon would cost on top of that, I am sure i will find something with you guys helping out.
That should be more than enough funds for a good TK.

I should be home on Sunday arvo if you like to drop over? Shoot me an email/pm.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15