A Youngling from the Sunny Coast
Hello fellow Australians from the incredible Redback Garrison!

I'll start off by giving you all a link to my introduction thread on the FISD forums, I don't really wanna type or just copy and paste the same stuff. My FISD Introduction

To start off, I reside on the Sunny Sunshine Coast and understand that I won't be a full trooper/member of the 501st or Redback Garrison until I am 18 years of age (currently a tad short). As I mention on my FISD intro due to my age I don't have as much cash that a lot of you do so my journey will be filled with research and THEN the eventual purchasing of a set of armour after I have ceased shooting upwards (in height).

I have heard of this so called 'Galactic Academy' recently and even though it seems a bit childish to me I thought that once my bucket and other preliminary items arrive I would submit an application to join that and start getting into the costuming craze.

Hopefully I can come and see you all at an event or something along those lines as I'm sure you all are a great bunch of people.

If you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.

Look forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome

GA is meant more for the young un's but at events where GA is welcome it does let you troop as well with us.

In the meantime its good to put your hand up to wrangle at events as this frees up a member to armour up that may otherwise be wrangling.

Usual thing we tell new people is to rock up to an event and help wrangle as this give you a behind the scenes look at what we do as well as a close up look at the different armours out there.... we have one coming up at the Sunshine Coast marathon in a couple of sunday's where there will be at least clone and stormtroopers represented
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Sushi-Sacha, unfortunately there is an age limit to join the 501st and you are not the first just "under age" cadet we have had. But this doesn't stop you from starting getting your armor together or learning the ropes. The GA is generally directed at younger younglings but until you are 18 it is the section you will be slotted into - for now.

It sounds like you have taken a few steps towards getting your armor sorted so then next step is to look out for an event which you can attend and come along to meet a few of the garrison.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Roger that, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll try my best to make it to the next local event to meet a few of you.
welcome Smile
(Wednesday 14-Aug-2013, 06:52 AM)JOker Wrote:  welcome Smile

Thanks JOker!
Another sunny coaster! Welcome!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
yes we shall have a squad soon ... sooon moooohahahahaa Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Star Wars VII: The Sunshine Coast Strikes Back!

Look forward to possibly wrangling for you guys in the future, thanks for the warm welcome!
Welcome to the boards, is great to see more Sunshine coast people poping up. If you are in the Alex Headlands area on the 25th we will be trooping at the Sumshine Coast Marathon for the day with a handfull of troopers.

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
(Wednesday 14-Aug-2013, 10:17 AM)Mortogg Wrote:  Welcome to the boards, is great to see more Sunshine coast people poping up. If you are in the Alex Headlands area on the 25th we will be trooping at the Sumshine Coast Marathon for the day with a handfull of troopers.

I live in Coolum so Alex heads is literally a 20 min drive down the coast (not that I can drive yet). I could probably public transport it to the venue. That weekend I am having birthday fun so I might end up making it the Friday night and all of Saturday to make it down to Alex on the Sunday. It would be an honour to attend and I'll try my best to make it.

I am reading up on the New Recruits - Your first outing - a guide Would you guys appreciate another wrangler on the day?

An update on armour, I am going to engage in more research on AM, MM and RT armour. I think I am about 6 foot and am also quite a lanky fella.
We will all be in armour so a wrangler is always appreciated otherwise we miss out getting pics of the event for ourselves

Just ask to borrow a garrison shirt of one of us so you look the part and fit in
DW2013 to DW2018
(Wednesday 14-Aug-2013, 10:31 AM)Duras Wrote:  We will all be in armour so a wrangler is always appreciated otherwise we miss out getting pics of the event for ourselves

Just ask to borrow a garrison shirt of one of us so you look the part and fit in

Okay, will do. I will provide confirmation within the next few days about my attendance.

"...otherwise we miss out getting pics of the event for ourselves."
Right, so I would be observing the interactions with the public, assisting in whatever needs to be done and also taking photos for marketing purposes? Does the Garrison have a camera I could borrow, I do have experience in Digital Photography so taking photos sounds great!
Normally I just use my iPhone Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Hahaha. Okay xD. I can certainly use an iPhone (my own just to specify) for photos.

Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from the sunny Gold Coast! Ktty 25 25,492 Monday 29-May-2017, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Ktty
  Reporting for duty from the Sunny Coast CentaurDWarrior 6 8,105 Tuesday 28-Feb-2017, 05:48 PM
Last Post: GaugeRage
  Hello from Sunny Coast Wampa 7 10,197 Thursday 21-Nov-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: BIDS