Blaster Import Q & A
sorry to hear that jim Sad
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Yeah, Jim...... That's a bit of bad luck.

Mind you... It's a lot better than paying for it, shipping it out, only to see it get destroyed by Customs.

That would be devastating.

And look at it this way too... A chance to learn a new skill.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
man that sucks jim, oh well.. HAVE FUN BUILDING ONE! Hehehe
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Yeah Unfourtunatly the stock and main chamber is an MG34 and the barrel is loosly based off also.
Sucks mate, but have fun building.
(Tuesday 30-Nov-2010, 08:23 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Shep...in that section basically describe the blaster by name - I couldn't see the pics btw - what it is made from, if it is a replica of a real firearm or based on a real firearm, does it have moving parts.
Example this is what I put on mine from memory I don't have the form here with me right now:
Star Wars movie prop Ion Blaster used by the Jawas in the movie A New Hope. Based on a Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mark 3 rifle which had the barrel removed and shortend and with the stock heavily cut. The blaster being imported will be a resin cast with no moving parts and will be used as a prop with a costume.
Don't forget to also include a couple of photos the blaster by itself and being held by the character ie Ion Blaster being held by a Jawa.
Hope this helps if not let me know and I can see if I can help further.

Oh sorry, I guess you have to have a Mando Mercs account to see the photos. I only got one so I could buy the blasters :P
Well, they're unpainted resin cast Aurra Sing pistols with no moving parts. I don't think they're based on any real weapon due to them having dual triggers. Hmm.
Thanks for your help Phantom Smile
Nom :3
Got the Jawa Blaster made it through customs with no problems....
[Image: IonBlaster01.jpg]
[Image: IonBlaster02.jpg]
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Sniper Likes!!!!!Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
looks good phant. good xmas pressie for the kids.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Ah man, sorry to hear that Jim. It's pretty easy to build stuff out of cardboard though, Crypto's looks awesome if you havn't seen it.

(Friday 11-Jun-2010, 06:38 PM)Kobukuro Wrote:  Hey Scotty I am wanting to buy a SE-14R Blaster kit from the USA would i need to get one of these forms done, also if buy a real scope from overseas will it be better to get a form also for this.

Just for reference from 6 months ago, you do need a permit to import even a scope or other accessory, I've got a mate who works for weapons licensing and I asked him about this as I need half a scope for my IG-88. He said that even if the scope is cut in half with the half I don't need not included in the package, I would still need a permit for it.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
this my be a silly question. if i want to get a resin kit of a blaster, (un painted not put together) sent ova, do i still have to get a permit? has anny one ordered a resin blaster kit of anny sort?
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
I don't think that would be an issue at all as it is an unpainted solid resin kit.
I can't imagine you would need any permit for that at all..
Of course I could be wrong...
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
I do recall some people having problems, I think it's luck of the draw, if you get some customs guy who wants to be an a-hole you could end up losing it.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
(Thursday 20-Jan-2011, 05:23 PM)Jimcricket Wrote:  this my be a silly question. if i want to get a resin kit of a blaster, (un painted not put together) sent ova, do i still have to get a permit? has anny one ordered a resin blaster kit of anny sort?

(Thursday 20-Jan-2011, 07:14 PM)Agent of Chaos Wrote:  I don't think that would be an issue at all as it is an unpainted solid resin kit.
I can't imagine you would need any permit for that at all..
Of course I could be wrong...

(Thursday 20-Jan-2011, 11:48 PM)Jaster Wrote:  I do recall some people having problems, I think it's luck of the draw, if you get some customs guy who wants to be an a-hole you could end up losing it.

OK.... Let me just say...... All of the above.

The best thing to do is get the free form and fill it out. Just to be sure. If they approve it fine, if they don't..... then you know the risk you are taking.

Fingers crossed they say yes.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
I am still waiting for approval for my EE-3. I sent a form off at the end of september with no reply. I sent it off again late last year, with a letter saying that I sent one previous, and a bit more about it, with no reply. I have recieved a few blasters without this form, with no major issues, touch wood. I got a pair of MR Westars which customs did open to check, but approved it. I have also got a Custom DC-15 long, Hasbro DL-44, Nerf DH-17, resin DL-44, and resin EE-3 which were both in parts thru with no issue. One EE-3 is in transit atm, I will let you know how it goes... fingers crossed.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

lest you guys havent had this happen to you like it did for me recently i had my agent in qld do my paperwork like the normal as i collect ww2 items and other military items as well as movies props

Wife to be found me a certain item and was customized no i aint saying what it was but cost 300 dollars plus so i am waiting to hear from my agent that it arrived safe and sound with my other parts i ordered from usa/other parts of the world as it was cheaper to have the shipped into qld then into nsw or w.a mainly spare parts for my mg34's and a new fg42 ( i got the mg34 parts and fg42 parts ) i like to get so after waiting and such i get sent this to wife to be p.o box in qld

[Image: IMG_1018-2.jpg]

bear in mind i do have the permits for nsw and broker has permits for qld in my name on file up there i even have permits for vic cause of the laws down there in case i buy from vic

just rember it seems even thou u have all right paper work and ticked all the box's and passed all checks it still boils down to a custom worker saying the fainly yes or no on what you wish to import prop wise

i even spoke to a friend of mine who works in nsw customs and showed them the letter and from what he suggested to me as in off the record talk we had over a meal and beer that a my letter shouldnt been sent even thou we had all the right paper work and said item wasnt even going to be in qld as it would been here in nsw with my other replica's in my approved storage location

cheers
Wolf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firearm ie replica import restrictions Hunter930 6 1,987 Tuesday 17-Jun-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ACE
  MSP5 - Import permit needed Bullant 8 2,762 Thursday 10-Oct-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bullant