BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Honor loyalty courage sacrifice
ADF / QFRES / 501ST / LIFE
(Monday 6-Jul-2015, 08:50 PM)scoot040 Wrote:  Check out the junkyard thread there is a TK there for sale

Scoot, where exactly do I find this junkyard thread?
Think you need to be an approved cadet ...basically someone has met you and can confirm you are you Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
(Tuesday 7-Jul-2015, 05:46 PM)Duras Wrote:  Think you need to be an approved cadet ...basically someone has met you and can confirm you are you Smile

Hey Duras,

Thanks mate. I know Panthera who is mates with Cyclops. But that's cool, if I need to meet someone to confirm my identity then that's cool. I'm hoping to catch up with Scoop sometime soon. I've been texting him about TK amrour etc. I'm keen to get involved and really want to make a start on my TK build. I'm still researching manufacturers at this stage. My budget doesn't allow me to lash out unfortunately

(Tuesday 7-Jul-2015, 09:27 PM)Wake Wrote:  
(Tuesday 7-Jul-2015, 05:46 PM)Duras Wrote:  Think you need to be an approved cadet ...basically someone has met you and can confirm you are you Smile

Hey Duras,

Thanks mate. I know Panthera who is mates with Cyclops. But that's cool, if I need to meet someone to confirm my identity then that's cool. I'm hoping to catch up with Scoop sometime soon. I've been texting him about TK amrour etc. I'm keen to get involved and really want to make a start on my TK build. I'm still researching manufacturers at this stage. My budget doesn't allow me to lash out unfortunately

Scoot* not Scoop, sorry mate
Keen is good Smile but it's a marathon not a sprint...better for your pocket not to rush too much
DW2013 to DW2018
(Tuesday 7-Jul-2015, 09:28 PM)Duras Wrote:  Keen is good Smile but it's a marathon not a sprint...better for your pocket not to rush too much

Yeah I agree. I've been a big Star Wars fan my entire life. Now that I've decided to get involved I want to do so the best I can. Once I meet a few guys and gals I'm sure everyone's advice and experience will be very helpful. I want to do things well and properly
Just be aware with ANOVOS that they have been taking pre-orders for close to a year and haven't delivered a suit yet, so you might (I'd say will) be waiting a while if you order from them. And don't take the fact that they are promoted on the 501st Facebook page to mean that they will automatically be good enough to be approved. Nobody has actually seen the kits in the flesh yet, so we can't be certain that they will be good enough to satisfy the CRLs.
(Wednesday 8-Jul-2015, 10:37 AM)Bullant Wrote:  Just be aware with ANOVOS that they have been taking pre-orders for close to a year and haven't delivered a suit yet, so you might (I'd say will) be waiting a while if you order from them. And don't take the fact that they are promoted on the 501st Facebook page to mean that they will automatically be good enough to be approved. Nobody has actually seen the kits in the flesh yet, so we can't be certain that they will be good enough to satisfy the CRLs.

Thanks Bullant. I'm definitely not going to rush anything, that's for sure.

I contacted a maker from this website http://www.tk1336.com/ his name is Mike Gordon. He is selling full Armor and Helmet kit for a reasonable price. Is anyone aware of him and the integrity of his kits?
Hi again Wake.
I have seen this website before, he has listed a number of vetted armour makers on there, but I suggest you deal direct with the vetted maker rather than through a third party.
For example, he has AP (Authentic Props) listed. You can go direct to Mark, who is AP and buy through him. Continue to research on FISD talk to the makers and make your decision based on your overall size and budget.
I have no doubt the ANOVOS kit will be fine but until they can sort out license agreements in Australia, they won't ship direct to us.
You will have loads of local support when it comes to building your kit as well, if not through armor parties perhaps another member close to you that can mentor and help.
I see you mentioned you work with Jeff (panthera).
Once you get your kit, if you are chasing some help getting started, send me a PM and I'll give you a hand, in the mean time, keep researching.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Thanks Sly.

I'm going to email Mark from AP now and see what he says. I guess I'll contact as many people from FISD as possible. Geoff (Panthera) is catching up with Cyclops and MummaSith today and he's going to chat with them on my behalf. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up in the coming weeks. Thanks for all your help Smile
I've received an email from Mark from AP. He has kits available at a reasonably good price. I'll continue my research but AP is looking like a sure bet for my budget Smile
MTK is another kit to consider, Mike who owns Trooperbay, also contactable through FISD, but he is currently on vacation, so I hear.

(Thursday 9-Jul-2015, 07:35 AM)Sly Wrote:  MTK is another kit to consider, Mike who owns Trooperbay, also contactable through FISD, but he is currently on vacation, so I hear.

Hey Sly,

I did context Mike yesterday about the MTK kit. He hasn't replied but if he's on vacation that would make sense. Either way I will need to put a bit more money aside until I can purchase a kit, so it will give me a month or two to prepare. MammaSith has invited me over to catch up with her an Cyclops next week so I look forward to meeting a few people Smile

Contact *
Cool, might see you there, can bring my AP kit so you can take a look.

(Thursday 9-Jul-2015, 10:07 AM)Sly Wrote:  Cool, might see you there, can bring my AP kit so you can take a look.

I'll defin take you up on that offer. I'd love to check out an AP kit Smile I've seen photos but it's never as good as in the flesh, so to speak. I'm pretty sure I'm working on the day but I'll send you a PM

(Thursday 9-Jul-2015, 11:29 AM)Wake Wrote:  
(Thursday 9-Jul-2015, 10:07 AM)Sly Wrote:  Cool, might see you there, can bring my AP kit so you can take a look.

I'll defin take you up on that offer. I'd love to check out an AP kit Smile I've seen photos but it's never as good as in the flesh, so to speak. I'm pretty sure I'm working on the day but I'll send you a PM

Definitely * I can't spell today haha