customs seized my E11
The real SMG parts might be an issue, hence the seizure. I have had only one blaster stopped by Customs, and that was an MR DL-44, all metal with working trigger... But I had the forms and got it no fuss.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Apply for your permit. Note for police that it is a non firing toy, replica, if it ain't solid cast it will cause issues, inform customs you are applying for a permit.. Which is actually a piece of paper saying you don't need a permit... They will hold it until resolved.. Very easy process, you don't need paperwork in advance for the resin and Hasbro stuffl... Your issue will revolve around the genuine parts included and there will be separate issues there... Also magazines require licences....
Good luck
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
(Thursday 17-Sep-2015, 01:47 PM)Haynesy Wrote:  Thanks again guys, the blaster is a high end replica with lots of genuine WW2 bits and mag. I'll keep you posted on the out come.

Ok that will be problematic then. The magazine is a restricted item so you won't get it released unless you have a firearms license of the appropriate category (same thing potentially goes for the other original parts)

Even if you did have a firearms license you wouldn't be legally allowed to troop with the blaster as it is considered a real weapon (and you wouldn't even be legally allowed to display it at home, it would have to live in your safe)
well im about to pay and import a TFA TK Blaster so ill keep everyone in the loop here

firstly this is the QLD Police site for all weapons info inc forms and links.
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/w...posing.htm

but the only form you need to complete is the B709 import permit which is here:
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/w...Permit.pdf

when done, fax or post it off or even drop into the local cop shop. there is no payments nothing. the more details and info you write the better the odds of customs releasing it, include websites if you can.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Tuesday 22-Sep-2015, 09:36 AM)Beanie Wrote:  when done, fax or post it off or even drop into the local cop shop. there is no payments nothing. the more details and info you write the better the odds of customs releasing it, include websites if you can.

I would highly recommend emailing the form. If you drop it at the local cop shop there are far too many ways of it getting "lost" in the process.
Although it will be some time before I actually place my order, I was looking at an interstate rather than overseas supplier for my EE-3 blaster. Is there anything special I need to consider / do prior to ordering it? Basically, is there anything I should do prior to ordering a weapon replica across Australian state borders?
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
I already have a permit for my E7-11. Got it no problems. Faxed some pictures and details with the B709 form. Now I just have to wait for it to be sent.

I don't understand how you ate getting a firearm permit without a gun licence?

I am looking to import an e11 and in nsw it will require me to have a prohibited weapons licence and a level 9 safe storage room and gun safe. And legally it's Never allowed to leave the house essentially.
(Tuesday 22-Sep-2015, 11:24 AM)SgtBatten Wrote:  I don't understand how you ate getting a firearm permit without a gun licence?

It's not a firearm permit. It is a permit to import a toy that customs may hold up because they "think" it is a firearm. The B709 form greases the wheels if that happens.
Okay. So they draw a line between an e11 that's made of resin vs one that's got metal parts?

I thought anything that looks like a gun is treated as such.

Unfortunately the one I want has some real parts. I see why mine is a so problematic but don't see why these others are so easy.
(Tuesday 22-Sep-2015, 10:23 AM)Oberon Wrote:  Although it will be some time before I actually place my order, I was looking at an interstate rather than overseas supplier for my EE-3 blaster. Is there anything special I need to consider / do prior to ordering it? Basically, is there anything I should do prior to ordering a weapon replica across Australian state borders?

No dramas shipping within Australia. It's our international border protection you have to overcome.

(Tuesday 22-Sep-2015, 11:31 AM)SgtBatten Wrote:  Okay. So they draw a line between an e11 that's made of resin vs one that's got metal parts?

Unfortunately the one I want has some real parts. I see why mine is a so problematic but don't see why these others are so easy.

A few Redbacks a little while ago, procured parts for Aliens Pulse Rifles, which a Tommy Gun is the base of. A certain un-named Redback imported 3 aluminium resin casts of the receiver, and firing mechanism of a Tommy Gun. He had the permits, the items were seized, and he was brought into an interrogation room, and grilled as to why he was importing machine gun parts. Lucky for him, he has a weapons licence, and can import such things. But in all honesty, the parts are harmless anyway, but to the untrained eye, they could think they were real parts...

Awesome, cheers mate.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
(Tuesday 22-Sep-2015, 11:31 AM)SgtBatten Wrote:  Okay. So they draw a line between an e11 that's made of resin vs one that's got metal parts?

Firstly, don't forget that whilst customs is a federal department, each state has slightly different firearms legislation.

Secondly, in Queensland, it's not so much a distinction between a resin blaster or a blaster "with metal parts". A pipe build blaster with reproduction metal parts will probably be ok. However a pipe build or resin blaster that uses any genuine firearms parts (trigger, barrel etc) will most definitely not be ok.
If the E-11 contain any real MK IV parts, Customs will not allow them into the country without a B709 permit, and the QLD Police in most likelihood, will not issue a B709 Permit for parts from Cat R weapons, without a very good reason. Building prop weapons doesn't come under the "very good reason" banner unfortunately)

As a side note, and this may interest some here, Under QLD weapons laws, if you have the correct collector's licences, you can import full replica or deactivated gun's like an MK IV. However, because they need to be listed under your license, they can only be modified into a prop gun, by a licensed gunsmith. Once that is done, the Gunsmith can apply to Weapons Licencing to have the gun recategorised as a "Toy" and they can be legally removed from your license. If they are modified without going through a gunsmith and your guns are inspected by the police, it is an offence and you will lose the gun, your license and possibly be charged etc etc etc.

But again this is all subject to the Police and customs discretion, and before you try to import anything it needs to be discussed with them, and even better get the relevant permits before you buy.

[Image: 2HbPbX1.jpg]
I have been told by nsw firearms registry that the sterling parts mean it fits into a category of military weapons that is not obtainable on any licence. Only the military could import one in nsw.