customs seized my E11
Hey there! I'm Justin (Haynesy) from S/W Brisbane. Got parts to assemble my sandtrooper except my joining may be delayed as customs seized my E11. Any help here would be greatBanghead
I take you did not get the fire arms import permit?
If they are still holding it you may be able to still get one and produce it to customs but you'll want to be quick
Sad
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Thanks but do I send off a B144 to border protection and or a B709A to QLD police?

And no I didn't think about getting a permit
This happened to me as well with a Hasbro. Get onto the QLD Police website and you should be able to apply online now I think. I forget the licence type, but it was some sort of miscellaneous thing and didn't cost anything. The police were actually pretty helpful.
Might be worth contacting Customs to let them know you are applying for a permit, although depending on who you talk to there they will either help you or not help at all.
Good luck!

You need to get the licence from the police, then send the B144 to Customs. One guy at Customs told me to email the B144 to them and note on it that I was applying for an import permit, so I did that, and another guy then rang me up and said that didn't mean anything.
Might be worth trying though.
this may help
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=751

cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
(Thursday 17-Sep-2015, 10:43 AM)Haynesy Wrote:  Thanks but do I send off a B144 to border protection and or a B709A to QLD police?

And no I didn't think about getting a permit

Believe you need a B709A form .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
(Thursday 17-Sep-2015, 10:33 AM)Haynesy Wrote:  Hey there! I'm Justin (Haynesy) from S/W Brisbane. Got parts to assemble my sandtrooper except my joining may be delayed as customs seized my E11. Any help here would be greatBanghead

while this doesn't help with your customs issue a blaster is an optional item for approval. So if your armour is ready to go you can still apply.

Just trying to give a small silver lining
DW2013 to DW2018
On the B709a form, there is a check box for "I have an item seized by customs"
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Thanks, I talked to a few people and you're right, some are helpful. I sent a B709A to QLD police but was told it might take a month whereas custom only hold it for a month before destroying it. I've just leaned however if I send a B144 they will extend it to 3 months followed by a court hearing which could land me criminal charges. So I'm a little hesitant to send off a B144 to border protection to a great job btw protecting us from inoperable scfi toys.
What the hell, I think I'll take the riskAaaah
Just out of interest, is it a Hasbro toy blaster or a replica e-11?
Mine was a toy one and after repeated requests for them to actually look at it, my wife ended up sending an email to one of the helpful Customs guys who went and inspected it himself and cleared it straight away.
Maybe follow up QLD Police with a phone call? You might be able to hurry that part up.
You guys do know that customs love to play with toy blasters around the office, and when the novelty where's off, they release it. Wink
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
(Thursday 17-Sep-2015, 11:28 AM)Sly Wrote:  You guys do know that customs love to play with toy blasters around the office, and when the novelty where's off, they release it. Wink

Haha, I have no doubt that is true!
Just a lesson to anyone reading this, fill out the forms BEFORE buying your toys.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Do the b709a, they only tend to take a week or two
Thanks again guys, the blaster is a high end replica with lots of genuine WW2 bits and mag. I'll keep you posted on the out come.
I also had a nasty experience with customs about 5 years ago. I bought a bunch of loose 1/6 sw sideshow figures that were individually bubble wrapped from France and as a nice guesture the seller threw in a couple of bottles of French champagne which understandably customs seized however the 6 or so figures arrived unwrapped, scratched and broken. So maybe they do have a lot of time on there hands to play around probably unsupervised.

(Thursday 17-Sep-2015, 10:33 AM)Haynesy Wrote:  Hey there! I'm Justin (Haynesy) from S/W Brisbane. Got parts to assemble my sandtrooper except my joining may be delayed as customs seized my E11. Any help here would be greatBanghead
May divorce be with you