New guy from Gold Coast
Hi there, i am also working on a Ren at the moment.

I dont think a grand heritage Ren would be approvable.

One great source of info is the knights of Ren facebook group that has a great deal of info to help you on your path to Kylo ?
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
Hi Matt glad you signed up this is a good place to start and ask questions, welcome the forums.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

(Tuesday 9-May-2017, 02:30 PM)The Knight of Ren Wrote:  Hello, could someone tell me what comes next? Do I get contacted by someone about my costume, can I upload a photo for you guys to see? Not sure what to do as this is all new. I do hope it is approvable? Is everybody having a great day and may the force be with you

Evening mate it's awesome to see another potential Kylo in making :D

So to get you started there's two big thing you'll want to do. You'll want to have a good in-depth read of the Kylo TFA CRL as this will be your bible to getting your Kylo approved. If it meets these criteria then you're in the right track!
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Kylo_Ren

I would also explore you to head over to the 501st Sith lord Detachment Forums. As these are the offical forums for all our Sith Lords in the Legion and is full of our Kylo experts who are always happy to help. What you'll want to do is sign and introduce yourself like you did here Smile

Then you'll want to start up a WIP Thread (Work in Progress) and this is where you would post all your build progress, parts lists and so on. The WIP is something you'd want to post on both the SLD and here on these forums Doppeldaumen1
http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Thanks for that, I looked at the CRL and I noticed that to get the exact same I would need the Anovos Kylo Ren. I do have a question about that, there are 2 costumes on there. 1 is a Premier Costume with Helmet priced at $3,100.00 and the other is a Standard Line Costume priced at $1,200.00. Would the Standard Line be approved? With the price of the Premier Costume it would take me a long time to get that as I am looking at spending $600 on the Flamberge LE Ultrasaber as that is on back order. Just looking for the best gear at the cheapest price as my costume is the Grand Heritage Kylo Ren I brought direct from Disney with The Black Series Helmet & Lightsaber
I'll show you the Dark Side
Morning mate

So to answer a couple of your questions unfortunately none of the parts from the Grand Heritage Kylo will be approvable

As for the Anovos Kylo we're unable to give you  definitive answer on "approvabilty" as we are yet to see what the actual product that people will receive will look like. I say this as the images on their website are of their prototype which is subject change, and more than likely it will. We have a saying for new builders over on the Sith Lord Detachment "don't be the guinea pig," building a costume is expensive enough so it's far easier to do your research and take your time than jumping right in sending money on something that may not pass muster. So I would encourage you to not go the route of Anovos (I can say from experience that even with the Anovos Vader there's ongoing issues with them so it' easier and cheaper to go another route)

I would please explore you to sign up to the 501st Sith lord Detachment Forums. As these are the offical forums for all our Sith Lords in the Legion and is full of our Kylo experts who are always happy to help. There are options for Kylo parts outside of commercially available ones from other vendors. I'm not going to list them but I would highly recommend doing as much research as you can before purchasing anything.

http://www.501stsithlords.com

The best way for you to conduct your Kylo Research is to read through other members WIP (Work in Progress) Build threads on the SLD as we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to just Kylo. This way you can learn what vendors and parts are generally being used, things to watch out for when doing your own build, and perhaps the most important thing is you can learn from the mistakes of others. You can also see some very detailed builds that chronicle every step of the build, those in particular are vital reading. This research will allow you to understand the reasons for purchasing the parts you want to buy.  Reading WIP threads will grow your knowledge on the subtle things about building Kylo and allow you to craft a truly awesome product in the end

(Wednesday 10-May-2017, 10:09 AM)The Knight of Ren Wrote:  Thanks for that, I looked at the CRL and I noticed that to get the exact same I would need the Anovos Kylo Ren. I do have a question about that, there are 2 costumes on there. 1 is a Premier Costume with Helmet priced at $3,100.00 and the other is a Standard Line Costume priced at $1,200.00. Would the Standard Line be approved? With the price of the Premier Costume it would take me a long time to get that as I am looking at spending $600 on the Flamberge LE Ultrasaber as that is on back order. Just looking for the best gear at the cheapest price as my costume is the Grand Heritage Kylo Ren I brought direct from Disney with The Black Series Helmet & Lightsaber
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Welcome Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Thanks
Greetings from Sydney! Always good to have another member of the First Order onboard
[img=0x0]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4336/36414668056_854e3a5774_b.jpg[/img]
Thanks
Hello, would this be approved?

Youre best to put in via the application process then the GML can check it over, confer with those he needs to and give feedback as required
DW2013 to DW2018
I do not own that yet, just wondering if it would be approved before shelling out $2000?
Whose the maker ? The photos are a bit hard to see detail.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Saints Customs
I don't like the fabric at all. The "weave" of the cloth is too large. There is an exact amount they ask for when it comes to the cloth.

Trust me Kylo approvals are a challenge, and it's a lot of work with your GML to make sure you getting the right stuff. No single person makes all the correct gear, so it's trying to find the best of what you can get from the sources which are right. I had a huge task to get mine approved, not wanting to scare you, but It's a long hard road from here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New South Brisbane/Gold Coast DrHarry 10 3,335 Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: DrHarry
  New Recruit from the Gold Coast zeddy 8 7,552 Saturday 24-Feb-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Flashheart
  New (Phasma) recruit from the Gold Coast Darth Cooper 20 22,619 Tuesday 20-Feb-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Lord Chad