Cass's ROTJ Biker Scout WIP
Build Thread 
Starting my ROTJ scout build thread! This will be super long build as my helmet is on order from temple armoury since they are basically local. 

Starting with the flight-suit. "coverall". 

[Image: Ci9NWWd.jpg]
[Image: j5qzOtS.jpg]
[Image: r00l9Q4.jpg]
I wanted to buy rather than make from scratch because one time i tried to make pants and well it was bad...very bad.

This is technically a coverall but it matches the required description. Now do you know how hard it is to source a BLACK coverall/flight-suit in Australia? It is near impossible! At the time i was concerned about USA shipping due to USPS not delivering but with the help of the pathfinders detachment members, i now know UPS is delivering! YAY
In Australia locally you can find orange, white, NAVY, green and grey coveralls but no BLACK! I bought this from dicksmiths website, sourced from who knows where LOL. It took about a month and half to arrive.  

It is HILARIOUS how big this is on me! ? I had to order this size though to fit my hips in ?

Yes this is going to need a lot of altering but i am okay with that.  I am pleased with the colour and the quality though which is my main focus. 
Update next time i start the altering process....?
Good choice of Armor Cass , Temple Armoury buckets are excellent and worth the wait ( I use one myself) , another local supplier for the Armor is Chris Kouvelis , Chris the prop guy (CTP)
https://www.facebook.com/CTPG.FB/
His newly produced kits are specifically for the Australian market in terms of pricing , quality and shipping .
Any commercial coverall will take extensive modifications to match the CRL so read through thoroughly , specifically on pockets , collar , cuffs and closure .
Gloves through Wampa wear or imperial boots , Boots you can make yourself or buy commercial ones through the likes of imperial boots .
Feel free to reach out with any questions.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
So my first step to my modified flight suit...unpicking!

[Image: JXnd4ec.jpg]
Unpicked the back pocket, this suit only has one.

I unpicked a weird side pipe pocket (it was very narrow). I sewed shut the side pockets and then cut off the pockets and then cut off the pocket material on the inside. 
I also unpicked both flaps of my chest pockets and took pliers to remove the snap buttons.

I still had some time left in my spare spare time so i decided i might as well start altering it. 

First step: cut into half!

Why?

I noticed when trying the suit on, that i would need to raise the waist line to my own body which was currently far too low. The easiest way was to cut the suit in half. 

[Image: EdLrW8k.jpg]
Once cut in half, i pulled it up so that it sat like normal pants, then pinned in place. This allowed me to see where it will sit on me so i can pin the sides and hem to my ankles. 
[Image: WPYtTpA.jpg]
As you can see, it needs a fair bit taken in, but i did have to order this size to accommodate my belly area (not ashamed just telling it like it is)
[Image: li7Ck6K.jpg]
All pinned in place ready to be sewn up. That white part is the sewed off pocket (you can't see it on the suit). Once the pants were done it was time for the top half.

Top half follows the same thing as the pants, trying them on and pinning in place where i need to take in.
[Image: rYmKe3n.jpg]
Its important to note that when taking things in you dont make it too tight. When i pinned my pants, i then carefully rose my legs, practised sitting and kneeling. This makes sure i am still able to do full movements when i am in my full armour. 

For the arms, i bend them, raised them up and crossed my arms.

After i sewed everything, i then retried them both on repeated the same movements. At this i was also making sure there wasn't any baggy areas. I was very happy with the result so i moved on. I personally feel if i take in any more i wont be able to move.

Next step: re-attaching both pieces to make one flight-suit

Very simple process ( i forgot photos). Put on both parts of the suit and then once i have everything repositioned i then pin and sew in place. Before this i have unpicked the waist "belt" line.

Then i reattached the waist belt which has a tiny amount of elastic hidden in to help take the stress off the suit when moving, since its a thicker material.

Heres the result of the steps so far. 
[Image: iQj3WcX.jpg]
[Image: TP4SPPQ.jpg]
[Image: TQTnxZR.jpg]
So i moved to a different light to try and capture the chest pockets being more invisible and flat than they were.

Very happy to say that it looks 1000 times better and you wouldn't know that this baby got sawed in half!

Next step: The mandarin collar ( i saved my unpicking pieces)
Mandarin Collar update:

Step one: put on flight-suit and flick up collar

[Image: El55W5B.jpg]

Its Actually too high on me, my chin is up in the photos, but had i made this a mandarin collar as it is, i would have choked....
So i pinned it down 1cm and sewed it

[Image: IibYBlv.jpg]
After i had sewn it. 
I took my excess pocket material and placed it on the front of my neck area, to cover the gap and make it square.

[Image: IAi7h9U.jpg]
All pinned in place.

[Image: i8uvOPc.jpg]
The finale result!
All sewed in and Velcro is how i open and close the collar. 

Quick preview of what'snext:

[Image: OAUpudN.jpg]

My Pigskin leather came in, its 10ft square

For my Brisbane and Gold Coast folks who may be intrigued for a scout in the future...I sourced mine from East Coast Leather in Mt Cotton.