Oz Comic Con Homegrown Brisbane - March 2022
Troop Report 
Date: March 26 - 27, 2022

Venue: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

Time: 9am to 5pm

Mission: To bet back to trooping post COVID / under “new normal” and to bring the public the Star Wars characters they love while raising money for charity!

Trooper Attendance:
Drone
Meowied_Cass
Teiwaz
Tythephantom
Ktty
sharpshooter2231
satel
BobaCanuck
bigmac
Bolt_2112
Kelz
Cyclops
MammaSith
_will_of_the_force
Wendell
Duras
Cre8tiv
MyKill
Shutter
RedaV
Squid
Little Wicket
monion25
DJ Deathstar
Tirilia
Studio 49
QBShan
Blade_Seduction
Cutter
Snips
Iceheart
Dark Dora
major payne
Rhino
MaggieD / Gai
Rubber
Dino
Charlie

Details:
Oz Comic-Con Homegrown is billed as an Oz Comic-Con make up event due to last years cancellation, it was focused on homegrown talent and vendors, much smaller than the traditional Comic-con but a good starting point to get the crowds engaged again and hungry for Comic-Con Brisbane later in September.

The EO’s were incredibly helpful, accommodating and nice. While the lead up was hectic due to overwhelming demand for floor space from vendors and fan clubs, the EO’s kept us as informed as best they could with all the changes to our booth size and location, even making further adjustments during bump in after we requested a bit more space be allotted to us.

For such a small event compared to other Con’s at the venue, the crowds were very large. Despite the limited / crowded changing space we all seemed to manage relatively well.

Roger was definitely a popular addition to the booth at this event, thank you Bolt! There were a number of occasions when troopers were asked to move out of the way so fans could get their photo with Roger. Even Vader was asked to move aside once or twice!

It was great to see so many members face-to-face again, and to get back out there doing what we do best. I think / hope everyone had a great time, I know I certainly did.

Charity Funds Raised:
$1405.05 – $750.90 from booth donations, $364.15 from Hire-a-Tardis & $290 from the mixer raffle (thank you Wendell and & Slide Effect for organising the prizes!)

Injuries / Malfunctions:
  • No injuries.
Costume Malfunctions:
  • 1x TIE Pilot who put his chest box on upside down and is now forever banished from JRS by Slide Effect
  • 1x TK belt failure….. COVID weight 1 : TK Belt 0
  • 1x Vader Belt Buckle put back together multiple times after popping off….. COVID weight 7 : Vader belt buckle 0

Prop issues:
  • 1 x plastic cross piece broken on backdrop frame during bump out. Will track down a replacement

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Excellent outcome for our first Con outing in almost 3 years. Oz-Comic Con are eager to have us back in September for the main event and hopefully we can be back bigger and better. Children’s Cancer Institute also rang me this morning to extend their heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped out, they are very happy with the outcome and hope that we will support them again in future.
Shawn Truesdell - Satel - SL/ID/TI/IC - 88668
Thank you from the Tatooine Base for inviting us to troop and I believe we behaved ourselves on both days. Darth Vader’s belt buckle can be blamed on proximity to SlipStream…..
====================================================================
Proud Redback Garrison member, Redback Alliance member and Tatooine Base CO
Great work everyone. Spewing I was covid locked down and missed it. Stupid covid.
Had a great time! Was great to see familiar and to meet even more of us redbacks. First con done and sprinkled in fun.
Really good event to sink our teeth into a return to trooping , everyone pitched in and our interstate visitors from SCG were a credit to their garrison.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Was great to get back into trooping again!
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
Was such a good weekend ! Thank you Casey and squid for the allergy drugs
Was awesome to troop with our SCG members Gai and Rhino , love you guys.
Congratulations to Mykill on winning the raffle at the mixer (you always win Cheeky )
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Great report Shawn. Yes it was great to see everyone face to face, and the crowd was a ton of fun. Thanks everyone for a great weekend.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Ok, how good was it to be back trooping a Con? Brilliant !
Thank you Shawn for all your hard work and to your dedicated support staff. You all make the difference with these events.

I don’t know about everyone else but I feel charged to complete a costume build and make some props.
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]
glad to hear everyone had a good time over the weekend.
we enjoyed seeing the photos from the weekend as well, helped us while we're stuck in isolation.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Thanks Casey for the invitation and to everyone for making us feel so welcome.  Thanks Shaun for all your
hard work.
It was really wonderful being able to troop with you all again after such a long time, and cant wait for the next
one.  Love you too Mamma Sith and Cyclops xoxo  
Rhino and Gai.
Great work troopers
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Excellent work Troopers. Hoping I can make it down in September
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Can't believe none of my shenanigans made the troop report. It's rigged!
Good to see all these Troops again. Ill have to get down next year!
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Oz Comic-Con Brisbane 2017 Altair 11 12,328 Thursday 5-Oct-2017, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Sly
Troop Report Oz Comic-Con Brisbane 2016 Altair 6 9,511 Friday 18-Nov-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Xmez