Clone trooper Phase two 332nd Company
Build Thread 
Hi all!!!

So I thought I would start my build thread for my 332nd company grunt!!!!

Hopefully the images I've attached show up haha.

So I brought a bucket for the 332nd from Cyber craft helmets over a year ago. I also was thinking of ordering the Stormtrooper Costume Under armor suit from Etsy shown in the pictures, as I couldn't find one for clones, would this be acceptable? Also white boots, would anyone recommend a vendor that sells them?

I also have on order from Chris the Prop Guy my armor set as well, once that arrives ill start posting my work on them. 

But I thought id would see if the helmet is acceptable or do I need more work too it.

Any criticism or pointers are welcome!!

Cheers Blazer
Hi Blazer

My name is Bolt and I'm one of the Clone trooper mentors here in the Redbacks Smile

To answer your questions;

Unfortunately no, your helmet is not approvable for two reasons

The first one (and the biggest one facing your build) is:
Realistic interpretations of animated characters are not approvable. The 332nd trooper is an Animated Clone from the Clone Wars. Therefore you will need an animated helmet, like the one on the 332nd trooper CRL: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost...T_CW_332nd

The second reason is that realistic Phase 2 Clone troopers need a neck ring, and yours does not have one. See this CRL as an example of approvable Phase 2 Clone trooper armour:
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost...se_2_Grunt

I hope that the kit you have ordered from Chris is an animated one if you want to pursue this costume. Again as other members have mentioned, please ask questions and do research before buying kits.

To answer your other question, I find that the black body suits you can find at Aldi are the best for clone costumes! They are cheap and easy to find.
As for boots, you will have to decide if you are doing an animated costume or a realistic one first.
For realistic boots, I find Imperial Boots to be a good choice.
For animated boots, CrowProps makes a good pair.
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
Hi Bolt,

Thanks for messaging back. I see where I went wrong,

I believe the kit I'm getting from chris is for the realistic kit which I want to pursue so I will order a new helmet to go with it hahah.
The paint style I want to follow is the 501st legion.

In regards to the body suit, say I wanted to go with the one off Etsy, would that be okay with a clone trooper set?
Thanks for the info on the boots.

Would you recommend any vendors for a Realistic helmet?

Cheers
Blazer
Hi Blazer
With the body suit it can’t have zippers as stated in the CRL, also be mindful of what fabric it’s made of, you don’t want one that’s thermal and you want to make sure it will wick away the sweat. Hard armour gets very hot even in winter.
Like Bolt said the Aldi ones are great as long as they don’t have colour in them.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Hey MammaSith

Ahh I completely missed the no zipper part on the CRL.
Yeah I would think it would get abit warm with all that gear on haha

I might just head over to Imperial Surplus for all my needed equipment haha.

Thanks for the heads up!!
Hi Blazer

If you want to build the 501st Clone Trooper as seen in ROTS then this is your CRL: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost...1st_Legion

Keep in mind that the CRL is just a guide, and doing your own personal research is most important.

Imperial Surplus are an excellent vendor, but if you already have a kit coming from Chris then I wouldn't bother ordering anything from them. Chris does a very nice Clone bucket and you won't have to import it from the United States. Keep in mind that Chris is still trying to get through the mountain of orders he already has, so if you can get on his wait list, then that's great.

It might be a good idea that you lay out all the armour parts and where you are getting them here on this thread, then we can steer you in the right direction.
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
100% agree with what Bolt has said , excellent advise, you don’t want to be wasting money on items that are unnecessary or expensive when members can give you a cheaper but approved alternative.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Hi all!!

So im still having issues trying to find the under armor body suit, gloves and neckseal.
I did try and go through the local Adli store, but unfortunately they didnt stock what i needed.

Would anyone know of a vendor that sells what i need?

Cheers in advance

Blazer
Hi all!!

So im finally getting my kit Chris the prop guy delivered soon, and i was wondering what tutorial videos for building and painting the armor did you guys have used??

Mostly what type of paint? Ive watch afew videos, but there all American tutorials and you cant get there paint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Blazer
MONTANA PAINTS MTN94 , best clone paint available, Crush City at Annerley is where I source from .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Phase 2 realistic 332nd trooper CorporalCorn 1 801 Tuesday 3-Jan-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: CorporalCorn
Build Thread 212th Phase II Clone Trooper Grunt RotS GoldMiner 1 1,026 Wednesday 21-Jul-2021, 05:39 PM
Last Post: GoldMiner