looking to join the 501st
hey guys, my names chris but my friends call me topher. i live on the gold coast and basically i saw you guys at supanova and asked a few questions and you seem like an awesome community. and i was wondering where one would go to join the 501st and how to get started
any particular costume(s) your interested in?

Muppet may be able to offer you suggestions, as he is our garrisons membership liason (GML).

General suggestions: take your time, do lots and lots of research, ask questions, have fun, and take pictures!

and hi Topher, I see you made it!

Kieran
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
G'day Chris, welcome to the forums.

You have come to the right place to join the 501st.

To get started work out what costume you would like to wear and then do some research on it. Once you have nailed down a costume you want to do send muppet a pm and he can point you in the right direction.

Just remember do some research before forking out any $$$ (cause this hobbie isn't cheap). And ask plenty of questions, there are plenty here that can answer them. Wink
welcome Chris
Welcome Chris Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Welcome Chris,

Jaggered is having a armor party on the 28th of this month, This would be a great time to come and meet a few of us and to see some armor being built.
Here is the link to his notice http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=2214 Let him know on there if you want to come along.

looks like we are getting more Goldies now. hmmmmm squad time?
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Hey Chris, welcome to the RBG. You have indeed come to the right place to join the 501st Wink. Tell us what your thinking of doing. most would suggest starting with a TK as almost everyone has one or has built one and can lend you a hand. And they are a great place to learn the methods of working with plastic armour for future builds. Wink
Welcome Chris...find a costume that you really like to do...research it and ask lots of questions
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome aboard Chris, keep an eye open for gatherings, They are always the best way to get the info and get a feel for what its like to be part of the best garrison.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Go the Coasties! Welcome to the forums mate, as mentioned get along to an armour party and check out what goes on Smile
The Legions 1st approved Incinerator Peace[Image: n1inci.jpg]
HI Chris, Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Choose what costume YOU want to do, you don't need anyone else to make desecions for you.
Welcome to the mighty Redback Garrison
welcome to the forums mate!
Tell us what costume you wanna do and we'll point you in the right direction. Welcome mate Smile
i was thinking of just being a clone or a trooper to start off with and then moving on from there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all looking to join the 501st Imperial Soup 4 419 Friday 25-Aug-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Imperial Soup
  Newbie from Bundy looking to join 501st Sennight 38 43,183 Monday 2-Nov-2015, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Chief