ICMG - Ice Cream Maker Guy
Ok so the story so far...

Not all that long ago I learnt about this cool extra character in ESB called Willrow Hood, aka the Ice Cream Maker Man/Guy. How I found out about all this was due to a weird obsession Tamsin has on this guy (I think it's kinda because he's the dodgy pool cleaner guy of the Star Wars universe).

[Image: Willrow-hood.jpg]

So to fill some people in on this guy's story... He is an approvable costume for the RL. There is only a couple of people crazy enough to do this costume so far with about 3 approvals worldwide. In the movie you see this character for about 5 frames in Cloud City. You see him run around a corner of a scene just after Lando Calrissian tells everyone to 'LEG IT!'. With impending doom Mr Hood thinks to himself this could be the end of me.... if I'm to die what will I take with me... Family... Friends... Hell NO, I'm grabbing the Ice Cream Maker!

Anyway it has been Tamsin's dream for someone in QLD to make this costume a reality and she has been bugging almost every male in the QLD RL to get this to happen. At KevKon I decided to buy an X-Wing Orange flight-suit off her for a future pilot costume, at which time Tamsin told me as part of the deal I had to make Willrow happen.

In secret I decided to take the challenge and started looking for an Ice Cream Making machine on Ebay, however with no success. Than plan B kicked in motion and I grabbed a few buckets, a bit of timber, and a heap of car bog and made one of my own.

The rest was history really. Although I was unable to get it approved before DW I decided it would still be an awesome time surprise Tamsin and the crew with the costume and the approval shots.

However to my surprise Mr Hood was received with an awesome reception by 501st and RL alike. How can I explain peoples reaction on seeing me Sunday arvo.... let me steal Eddy Murphy's line to explain this:

'Remember when the ice cream man used to come to town when you was little ?
And no matter what you was doing you would stop and lose your f%#^ing mind!'

It was exactly like that. I even had reports that Tach yelled out from the top of the Giant Drop 'The Ice Cream Man will save me!'

So I need to thank everyone for your support and the awesome welcome the costume received. Here is a few piccy's of the approvals and some fun from DW:

Front:
[Image: IMG_7493.jpg]

Side:
[Image: IMG_7494.jpg]

Run Forrest!
[Image: IMG_7503.jpg]

Like Forrest Gump, I too picked up runners to follow me:
[Image: IMG_7511.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7506.jpg]

Ice Cream man in his natural environment:[Image: IMG_7514.jpg][Image: IMG_7518.jpg][Image: IMG_7516.jpg][Image: IMG_7512.jpg]

It's a tough job being this cool!:
[Image: IMG_7510.jpg]

NO REALLY its a tough job being this cool!!!....:
[Image: IMG_7507.jpg][Image: IMG_7508.jpg]

RL approval has been submitted, and Court Protection Order against Phoenix has also been submitted. Waiting on response for both...

Now remember: The Dark Side might have Cookies, but it's becuase of Willrow Hood that the Rebels have Cookies'N'Cream (Ice Cream)!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Oh dude. This is totally fing awesome, I only caught a glimpse as you were walking back, but well done sure made my day.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
NO WAY THAT IS FREAKING EPICALLY FANTASTICALLY COWABANGALY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

IM STILL SO VERY CUT I MISSED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT MY HATS OFF TO YOU VOYD!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
[Image: 91bc5b2d-c0d5-4be7-aed5-83415dec8ff4.jpg]
[Image: 130200401525.jpg]
[Image: cat-1.jpg]
[Image: original.jpg]

That is so awesome on so many levels Peace

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
You know how when something dramatic happens in a movie and they do that thing where they zoom in to the actor while making the background appear to zoom away for dramatic effect? Well, when I saw you walking back to the cinema with your ice cream maker, that didn't actually happen but it would have if I was in a movie. Is it sad that I didn't even have to think twice to know exactly which character you were? Lol Good job mate! I think everybody should make at least one obscure character and then we can troop them all at the same time and people can go, "I thought this was supposed to be a Star Wars event?" and we can go, "But it IS!"

Oh, and Phoenix? If you're trying to make me jealous, it's working. First you turned me down for lunch and now I find these photos? What next, will I find you guarding escalators with Voyd? I don't know who you are anymore... Brokenheart
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

I saw you from the photobooth on Sunday arvo while in the Fett....gave you the big thumbs up...looks like a bit of fun...
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
[Image: Fjk84.gif]

I still remember the cries of a young man "THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING!!!!'
You know how awesome I think it is. I'm still jumping up and down, clapping my hands like an excited three year old. Jig
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
ha ha, where is the mustache mate ? missed it.......Doh

you look sexy and you know it Cheeky
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

very cool thxs you learn somethink ever day
cheer very funny good on you
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha ha ha ha I saw you just as you put the costume on, and Tamsin losing her s#*^ over it but had no idea why Smile Complete newb...

Now I know the history...LOVING IT!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Tach was actually yelling 'THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING' on Thursday night, thats how excited some of us were LolLolLol
DW2011CVICVII
Banghead nice work...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Sooo Cooool!!!

Every event we have from now on can be punctuated with you running through - would have been perfect for the 'Dramatic Pause' we had in Sunday's SvJ!!
Good to see that like in the movie if people blink they miss you Sus . I think you need to have the "Mister Whippy" tune playing whenever you put the costume on. Good luck with the approval Vanilla Ice Cream Man. Lol
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belt maker needed Buzzard 1 811 Sunday 29-Jun-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Buzzard