Robocop...my hero!
Yes I must admit that when the big guy exploded onto the big screen I was hooked. So for some time now I've been trying to find Robocop's iconic gun without spending a fortune. I did manage to find something that looked a little like his Auto-9 and for only $10...
[Image: DSCF6551.JPG]

However, being a cheap toy, it had gordy rotating lights in the barrel, hideous sound effects and the last thing you would expect to read on a macho fire arm...
[Image: DSCF6550.JPG]

"What the?!" You gotta love that 'chenglish'.
So I soon pulled this abomination apart. This was actually my testing ground in blaster making before I did my Pricess Leia blaster...
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-4208.html
and my current E-11 blaster build (almost completed)...
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-4423.html

So after some extensive cutting, stripping out the inside...all but the firing slide action of course...and a great deal of putty, it all started to look much better. I used a lot of the original plastic I cut out to fill holes and make new panels. I finished up with a gun metal grey paint job and came up with this...

[Image: DSCF6542.JPG]

I do have another 'to be Auto-9' on hand so that one day I'll revisit it again and maybe extend the barrel, redesign the handle and really complete this pet project.

I hope you enjoyed the thread.
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Neat!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

damn u r good what u think u could do with a rubbies han solo blaster
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
(Saturday 23-Jun-2012, 10:57 PM)NQDude Wrote:  damn u r good what u think u could do with a rubbies han solo blaster

Give me the challenge and lets see Wink You're always welcome to bring it over and we can have a brain storming session. Thanks for the compliment.
Royalguard

bit hard to come over mate i am up in the Ville

but will be buying a rubbies soon and have been looking at mods that have been done b4 on the RPF some very nice work
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Without derailing this thread, hear that Hugh Laurie is in talks to play the villian in a new remake of RoboCop.

Looking into my crystal ball, can I see a RoboCop costume in the near future??
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
I have seen the new robocop costume.
Not as iconic as the original.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Yes I was just looking into that...Hugh Laurie, Gary Oldman, Samuel L Jackson and Joel Kinnaman to play Robo...didn't see that one comming.
A Robo suit...drooling just dreaming of it. It would make a tough decision...the wife or a Robocop suit...hmmm, I'll get back to you on that Lol
Royalguard

one of the concept drawings.
[Image: robocop-remake_1227.JPG]
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Time will tell if all that is out there is to be believed or not...seen a lot of concepts that are awefully Ironman-ish. Will the remake be remembered as well as the original? Not likely...but fingers crossed.
Royalguard

i've got all 3 Robocop movies here, the first is still the best, like most series.Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
I can't bring myself to watch the third...and I cringed at the series.
Royalguard

Very COOL build! Can't wait to see the finished product mate
[Image: ReaperBannerB.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RoboCop Helmet WIP Studio 49 7 2,687 Friday 23-Mar-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Studio 49