ANH SE-14r Blaster - Interest thread posted for orders!
This garrison needs more side arms!

Well in between my own E-11 blaster, the DL-44 Solo Blaster for NQDude, Stromravens DL-44 mod and a couple of Nightsister Daggers for Mammsith and Evil Empress...I'm working on a prototype for casting of an SE-14r blaster. This is the one that never really made to the movie apart form Dr Evizan's SE-14 variant that appeared in the cantina...

[Image: DrEvizanSE-14R.jpg]

However it did make it to a lot of promotional pictures for the first ANH cinema release...

[Image: f7b21d5a.jpg]
[Image: SE-14R.jpg]
[Image: tktshirt.jpg]

More recently, it made it to a few comic issues...

[Image: 390px-Swec9cover.jpg]

So I'm making this one to be a prototype for casting into a kit. I'm hoping to come up with a "Doopy Doo" like kit that will fit a standard PVC pipe for a low cost. I started with a plan I drew up in Sketchup and then had laser cut from acrylic.
[Image: SE-14%2520Line%2520Drawing.jpg]

I have started some assembling already but still along road ahead of smaller details, finishing, mould making and dummy runs. Fingers crossed that I can have a couple of these bad boys very shortly.

I'll also be designing a leather holster for them...but first things first...

[Image: DSCF7626.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7627.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7629.JPG]

All pieces will have the same profile as the PVC pipe for easier assembling.

[Image: DSCF7630.JPG]
[Image: DSCF7631.JPG]

To be continued...
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Love your work Tim, count me in when it's a going concern.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Nice, I looked at doing one a while ago but never got round to it. here is the link to the thread...
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-1437.html
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
I agree Tim we need more sidearm options, I could easily be tempted into buying a kit. Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Thats great stuff Tim. I was looking at getting one of these to go with my TK hero setup as an option sidearm.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Monday 15-Oct-2012, 11:47 PM)Agent Smith Wrote:  Nice, I looked at doing one a while ago but never got round to it. here is the link to the thread...
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-1437.html

Thanks for that! I hope my thread doesn't get locked Hehehe Peace

(Monday 15-Oct-2012, 10:26 PM)BIDS Wrote:  Love your work Tim, count me in when it's a going concern.

Would be my pleaseure BIDS Doppeldaumen1

(Tuesday 16-Oct-2012, 12:37 AM)stormraven Wrote:  I agree Tim we need more sidearm options, I could easily be tempted into buying a kit. Doppeldaumen1

Thanks for the encouragement Stormraven. I better not do anything by halves then and make a really good kit...so much pressure Aaaah Lol
Royalguard

Found some time and some motivation to kick up this project again. Got back the end pieces I had machined up this week...

[Image: DSCF8657.JPG]

Here they are on a standard bit of pipe...

[Image: DSCF8653.JPG]

And here are all the bits I currently have attached to the pipe...

[Image: DSCF8666.JPG]
[Image: DSCF8667.JPG]
[Image: DSCF8668.JPG]

There is still along way to go before I cast anything. More details to add and refine and still some etching to be done. But I can't wait till I get to the casting stage Smile
Royalguard

Looking very slick mate, those scopes are so versatileWink

Terror
Sigh I really like the look of these Bigfan so just hurry and take my money already. Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
So very sweet mate....
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
So in...... Mk 1 lawgiver...anyone?
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
WOW impressive stuff. I have seen Sci-fi weapons made using layers of MDF, but really like the plastic route you've taken. Keep up the awesome work.
Finally had some progress on one of many projects on the workbench. The pistol grips on my SE-14r will be different from all others. I'm going to be making three different style of grips that people can choose from. The first being the standard crosshatched grip. The second will have the Imperial Cog in the middle and the third...an exclusive to Redback members only...the Redback logo on the grip.

Does this third option propose any conflicts to the merchandising guidelines? It will not be offered outside the garrison at all.

If you refer to the picture below, you'll see what I have in mind. Excuse the look of the hatching as the conversion from Illustrator to jpeg has not worked that well. But hopefully the laser etching will work out better.

[Image: SE-14+pistol+grip+composit.jpg]

I also got all the pieces I needed for my rotocastor...so more to be built and not enough time.Banghead
Royalguard

Saw this again in the flesh this morning, drools on keyboard!

its looking real good.

Terror
The latest instalment and that little bit closer to making some moulds...

[Image: DSCF8960.JPG]

[Image: DSCF8961.JPG]
Royalguard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biker Scout blaster Kit - Completed...For Sale Thread Listed :) Oevil1 46 11,214 Wednesday 21-May-2014, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Oevil1
  Woodchuck Weaponry - INTEREST THREAD Glitch 5 2,017 Wednesday 5-Sep-2012, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Glitch