Snipers new TX Sniper Rifle
Build Thread 
Ok troops, you can thank Apok for dobbing on me for not posting up my weapons builds, amongst other things, clone, cough....

Know we have new troopers and Rebels (sorry Cobra) that are new to costuming and would like to see how easy it is to turn a standard NERF gun into something Star Wars like.

Also note that firing a NERF dart or aiming a laser during a troop or convention will get you into serious trouble from our Lord Vader, convention organisors and even the Police, SO DON'T.

Back to this thread. Smile I'm using the NERF Longshot as a base for my rifle, it's a good size, not bad $$ to buy and the plastic is easy to cut and add pieces to. The idea is to take a standard NERF toy and modify it to look like a futuristic Star Wars weapon, without building one totally from scratch, saving you $$. Also keep away from toy guns that look too much like earth weapons of today, as well as their scopes.

This is what I started with.

[Image: Picture002_zps98d3b6ec.jpg]

[Image: Picture001_zps8bd1aa3a.jpg]

At this point I have sanded off all the NERF and other signs on the longshot. Also a hint, keep all the parts that you don't use, they might come in handy for you next weapons build.Wink

I'll be posting up WIP or work in progress shots over the next few weeks to show you how things are going.

Now that you have seen what I have started with, time to show you what is next. This will be a non firing weapon, so the first photo is of the NERF gun with all the internals removed, except for the trigger. Note that I have filled in the bipod, removed a lot of material near it and cut the scope railing down for the scope.
[Image: Picture004_zps3e9d5d30.jpg]

Next is the front sides. I have filled in some of the details with styrene. The black areas will have a led strip mounted on them and the white areas cover the cocking handle that was on it. Styrene is fairly cheap, easy to cut, available in many thicknesses and hides any mistakes.
[Image: Picture005_zps5559488a.jpg]

Next is the costume made scope. Getting a little bored with the standard scopes, so since this is for a TX, time to raise the bar. I like the look of the rectangular style. The base of it is a Jarcar project box and is lined with PVC pipe and red perspex. Some of the red will be kept for the sights and top. I used NERF hand grips to get 2 railing slides and mount them under the the scope. This till allow the scope to be taken on and off. I probably add a few switches to it.
[Image: Picture006_zps2cf7d476.jpg]
[Image: Picture007_zps2dae4d84.jpg]
[Image: Picture008_zps2fe8f30a.jpg]
[Image: Picture009_zps890aaaef.jpg]
[Image: Picture010_zpsc1232af7.jpg]
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
shall follow this with interest as already have this nerf gun and its on my list to mod (looking at doing the Vulcan first though)
DW2013 to DW2018
About time Sniper Lol
Look forward to seeing the progress Jig
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
ooooh a TX sniper rifle....... wanna sell it when it's done? :P
(Friday 19-Jul-2013, 11:48 AM)hopfot Wrote:  ooooh a TX sniper rifle....... wanna sell it when it's done? :P

No. but am thinking of selling my Gunners gattling gun, no point as I not long need it.

Time for a few update pics. This build has taken me a few months on and off. I still have a real life and troop when I can.

I like the NERF Longshot as it can be made into a carbine (short barrel) assault weapon or a longer sniper version.

This first pic is of the extended barrel. The new barrel is 62cm. The full retracted (stock retracted) length is 118 and with stock extended is 126cm. Not a short weapons at all, but would be very accurate if real.

[Image: Picture011_zps257fdb18.jpg]

Next is the main body. The aluminiun strip will contain 32 green chasing LED's. The LED's can run off a 9volt battery or a 6 volt rechargeable battery mounted in the magazine chamber. This is not straight, just to show you to what it would look like.
[Image: Picture012_zpsde305a48.jpg]

This is the over all look, in it's raw state, as previously, it's 126cm. Despite the size, the weight is fairly light.
[Image: Picture013_zpsb5f698dd.jpg]

The next stage of this built will be trimming down and sanding. The 2 halves are not glued together yet, so further mods can be added easily.

That is sweet as mate. Really loving it. giving me Ideas for the Modification of mine. Wink
Nice one Mr Snifter. Like I can talk. I am as bad as you when it comes to build threads. I am hoping the R3D5 atones for my past of build thread over sights.
Allrighty then, had a great day working on the TX rifle, as well as working on some Tusken parts. Have given it a coat of grey primer and mounted the scope. The side LED rails are just attached with masking tape for now. All the wiring is all done and powered by a 9 volt battery in the magazine chamber. The switch for the LED's will be on the right side with a missile arming cover.

[Image: IMG_0317_zpsff13d631.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0318_zps52287c02.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0320_zpsecc8dcdf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0321_zps5d7e6366.jpg]

More pics up in a few days, with a few surprises.Smile

Oohhhh my! That is very cool
DW2013 to DW2018
Very nice mate, that's coming along nicely

Terror

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sean's 'sniper rifle' seantrooper 14 3,571 Saturday 9-Jun-2012, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Jaggered
  TB sniper rifle redpaint 6 1,758 Saturday 25-Feb-2012, 04:58 PM
Last Post: redpaint