Firearm ie replica import restrictions
Gday all,

whats the vibe on importing a blaster I've my eye on a ripper of an EE3 replica resin cast blaster, its not cheap, and i don't want to take a chance if it looks to be sent back. The sellers overseas of course are all confident of no probs and they have sent a many down under....but id rather get the word from fellow Ozzies.
Cheers for any advice or observations
Hunter
To inport any thing that looks like a firearm or part or even a toy cap gun kind your best off acquiring a permit you can find in this thread here..

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=751

Pretty simple to fill out and that link has all answers you may need if you get lost , but also rember it comes down to how customs feel on the day with my last importation of a jawa blaster I had to travel to customs house at bris airport and show my paperwork and certificate as the prop builder I got from made it to realistic looking with paint job and attention to details .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Hi Hunter

Play the safe game and contact the Police Firearms division to obtain an import permit, fill it out and fax it back to them.
It's a good insurance policy, if customs hold it up you can show them your piece of paper stating you are legally importing it.
Refer to the post in Armour progress, How to import a prop/replica Blaster into QLD
There is a link to the form.

Get you Import license before you purchase your prop.
It takes a couple of weeks usually.

Cheers

Andrew
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Cheers a tonne lads (Wolf and Andrew), appreciate yr advice and time on this one.
Hunter
Even better, scan your import permit and send a copy to the seller to include in the parcel. May save you a trip into the city ...
I did that Bullant and still had to make trip in Sad but next time I won't spend 5 hours in a train trip in , I just drive in and back inside 8 hours then. 11 hour round train ride lol .

No problem Hunter just glad I saved some heartache and wallet pain as I never knew any this when I newbie at the time and lost a couple items to customs / police .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
I've got one .an EE-3 in my hot little hands as we speak,I have recently tee'd up a sweet deal with Molon Lade Studios in the US...you fill out your B709A form and e-mail it to him.He ships the blaster out WITH the form attached to the box and it speeds up the whole process in theory (beats waiting a couple of months while it sits in Customs at the Airport) BUT nothing is a sure thing ...I got lucky after 1 hour with the Custom Police explaining my case and alot of Back ground checks (they take your licence,and ask alot of questions)

Speaking of the ROTJ Blaster....Just a heads up ....sitting here sanding this lump of plastic (and its alot of sanding believe me) it;s really heavy and a bit brittle for trooping...one bash and you'd snap the 'U' stock off,my arms are getting tried just holding it ,Recommend for Display use unless your careful and dont mind a good lugg but after saying that it looks Great on my wall! I was a bit disappointed as a trooping prop tho...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MSP5 - Import permit needed Bullant 8 2,715 Thursday 10-Oct-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bullant
  Master Replica M38 E11 scope Bodie27 4 1,294 Sunday 3-Mar-2013, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bodie27
  Blaster Import Q & A The Scotsman 84 20,615 Thursday 9-Jun-2011, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Jaggered