Greetings Redbacks!
Hi Redbacks,

My Name is Nelly and I'm an American living down under in Brissy. I was directed here by TK-2065 from the GGG in the States and your very own COBRA.

A little about myself:

I'm know for being a gamer and until moving to AUS worked in the video game industry. I've attended several Comic-Con event in the states which is where I've met some of the 501st members including TK-2065.

I'm currently working on helping my partner who absolutely loves star wars on getting Storm Trooper armour. This is something that he has wanted since he was a kid. Any advise, suggestions, and recommendations would be great!

Feel free to ask me any questions. Smile

Nelly
Welcome to the best Garrison in the universe Smile
Thanks Bullant for the warm welcome! I love the Garrison pride. :D
Welcome aboard.
Myself and wife, only recently returned from the States and we loved San Francisco the most. A really beautifully city.
Hey Nelly, welcome aboard.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Hi Nelly, Welcome to Redbackland. There are many avenues to go down when starting a build. Ebay is not one of them. There are others in the 501st community that can provide the items required to fulfill your partners destiny. Phantom (our current member laison) will give you tips on getting in contact with these people.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hey Muppet! I lived in San Francisco for nearly 4 years before I recently came to OZ. It's still one of my favourite cities of all time. It's fantastic that you and your wife had the opportunity to go there. I took my partner to a speak easy in SF called bouron and branch. I definitely recommend going there if you get a chance to go to SF again. Smile

Thanks Jaster!

Major, thanks for the reply. I definitely don't want to go the route of Ebay as research has shown that the armor not quality. I'd love to chat with Phantom. He sounds like the person to talk to. Smile
Hey Nelly welcome to the Redbacks.
We are all here to help and there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Stay away from Ebay. I will shoot you a PM about all things stormtrooper later on this evening.
You say you want to help fulfill your partners destiny....what about yours Wink surely there is a Star Wars costume out there for you...
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Thursday 13-Sep-2012, 07:45 PM)Phantom Wrote:  Hey Nelly welcome to the Redbacks.
We are all here to help and there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Stay away from Ebay. I will shoot you a PM about all things stormtrooper later on this evening.
You say you want to help fulfill your partners destiny....what about yours Wink surely there is a Star Wars costume out there for you...

Hi Phantom, sounds great! Looking forward to your pm when you get a chance.

As for me I have been thinking of geting a costume of my own but I don't know of what. Maybe a Jedi? Princess leia with matching hair buns? (yes I'm seriously considering these).

Suggestions and recommendations are welcome!
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Don't say that 4 letter word around here :P

But in all seriousness, quite a few of us Redbacks are turncoats, and work for the Rebellion too. But that's for another forum Wink

P.S: Leia was Boushh aswell...Eyebrows
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

hahaha!! It's nice to change it up every now and then. :D

Are any of you guys going to Supernova Brissy in November? I'm planning on attending. Smile

(Thursday 13-Sep-2012, 08:07 PM)major payne Wrote:  Don't say that 4 letter word around here :P

But in all seriousness, quite a few of us Redbacks are turncoats, and work for the Rebellion too. But that's for another forum Wink

P.S: Leia was Boushh aswell...Eyebrows
Most of us will be heading to SupaNova...we always get a good turnout.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Smile and welcome to the redbacks.
We most certainly will be attending SupaNova! we'll have a stand with props there and everything so make sure you come say hi!
You should totally get your own costume for 501st, just don't say anything about rebels (there's another forum for the rebel scum) BUT you could do some research on some of the bad guys costumes and see what you like! All of us are here to help you out with any questions you have
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Thursday 13-Sep-2012, 08:46 PM)ashbash Wrote:  bad guys costumes

Not so much bad guys as misunderstood Wink