Storm Trooper uniform
Ok thanks guys.
How do I get in touch with you Wolf for tube stripe decals?
Regards
Seamist3
(Wednesday 14-Nov-2012, 05:05 PM)Seamist3 Wrote:  1. Neck seals - where to aquire here in Aus?
2. Best type of undershirt (I have been informed that it can get pretty warm in the armour - so what is best for 'keeping one's cool) Cyclops gave me some good advise ref 2 piece sports compression underware - but I don't know if this is 'breathable'. Is there a better alternative that gives greater comfort - any suggestions?
3. Can anyone provide specs for the holster (or suggest a link). I have done leather work before, so I dont see this as any drama - just need contruction template and measurements etc.
4. Same same with canvas belt.
5. Gloves? Dont really care to wear rubber ones - so is there a good brand / supplier of leather gloves that is acceptable.
6. Where can I get tube stripe decals?
7. Where can I get the correct wire mesh to replace in the eFX if I choose this path for a buckey?
I have made enquiries to a few armor makers and at this stage I'm leaning toward ATA. Can probably get bucket reasonably soon (don't know if I feel confident enough to have a crack at assembling that as yet) or I may get the eFX and do the conversion - however the armor has a six month waiting period. Thats fine but has anyone had any issues with ATA or reccommend them?
I found the forum on alternative TK Boots great. I have tracked down a pair of black boots at Horseland in Ipswich. Unfortunately their 'specials' have finished, however $89.00 for a pair of acceptable boots is great. Maybe another $25.00 to spray them and finish them off and I can tick that one off the list.
Theres a lot on the list to be ticked off!
OK thats it for me now. Once again any info will be gratefully appreciated.
Regards to all
Seamist3
Graham Winkler

1. FX.Guy or Mamasith on these forums, both in QLD. Mamasith does the more accurate ones, but are nearly twice the cost of FX.Guy's.

2. Any one or two piece Lycra undersuit will do. Search for Unitards on Ebay or there's a dance store at Brendale that keeps them for us. Don't worry about heat too much. the TK is one of the coolest outfits I have.
Should cost between $40 and $100.

3. PM me an email address, and I will send you a template/pattern. Otherwise Muppet does these to sell, and I occasionally do them too, although I am out of leather...

4. FX.guy does canvas belts for $35 from memory. Good quality too. Otherwise it's just a three inch wide belt made from canvas, and make sure to measure around your armour, not just you waist.

5. Look for Nomex flight gloves on Ebay. About $14 pair. They are the best and coolest options if you are not after super accuracy. I personally think rubber gloves in QLD is silly.

6. Tube stripe decals.. I do make them, but am currently out of the blue I need. Will order some very soon...I did just find some slightly lighter stuff, that should be passable though, if really needed in a hurry.

7. Course flyscreen doubled over. Available from Bunnings or most neighbor's back verandahs....

Boots... Painted boots are an OK substiutute, but may not last the distance. Aim at getting approved with painted boots, but if you are going to do this a lot, get some TK boots or CABoots.

2cents
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Thanks Wolf.
Not in a hurry for decals as I haven't decided which course of action to follow.
Thanks for all the nguidance with information.
Regards
Seamist3
Hi mate,

I highly recommend ATA armour, it is very nice stuff. I think you'll be happier with the ATA helmet in the long run, since it is more accurate than the efx and you have the satisfaction if building it yourself. Assembling a helmet isn't all that hard. Just check out the build threads on FISD as well as post a build thread here, and we can help you out.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
What size boots do you wear? I have a set of size 9 CABoots here that I'm tossing up selling because they are a fraction small for me, brand new in the box, if they'd help you out, just drop me a PM...
OK thanks mate - really appreciate the advice.
Regards
Graham

Hi Joker - (is that US size 9 or Aus size 9)?
Seamist3

Hey Joker if you wish to discuss boots give me a call on 0431056971
Thanks
Graham
US size 9 or there abouts Graham Smile
Well thats great.
I dont mean to be a pain in the arse but are the boots a wide or narrow fit?
When I did my 101st US Airborne I had to get Corcoran Size 9EE which is a fairly wide fit.
What were you looking for them $$.
Thanks Joker
it's no pain mate Smile, they are supposed to be EE fit, according to the lasting, I usually wear a size 10-10.5 in an asics running shoe, and I can get them on, and they are just a little narrow for my feet, so if you are a genuine size 9, they should fit.
I'm chasing $150 for them, which is about what they cost me to get them here, and whatever postage it'd take to get them from Rockhampton to you.
Hi Joker. They sound pretty good.
Just to confirm with you that they are a US size 9 (I usually take a Aus size 8 - 8 1/2) depending on the maker.
You have my number - give me a call to discuss further as I am having IT problems with my internet at home. Currently at local library establishing comms with you
Thanks again for your time
Regards
Graham
No worries Graham, we have a troop tonight, but I'll get in contact with you in the next couple days Smile
Sent you a SMS Graham Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking to be a storm trooper/ foot soldier Magicmajid1989 7 9,860 Sunday 15-May-2016, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Magicmajid1989
  Would like to build my Storm Trooper suit 1971 5 7,673 Wednesday 23-Dec-2015, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Sly
  Storm trooper gear Midnight 36 60,836 Tuesday 21-Feb-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Phoenix