DC17 Animated Clone Blaster 3D Version
This is looking very, very cool Smile nice work!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
can't wait too see that shorty, as the DC-15 long from mr woodchuck is just a tad too heavy during a long troop.
[Image: FirstAirCavBumberSticker.jpg]

:dw11:
:sn11:

(Thursday 9-May-2013, 09:51 AM)Angelman Wrote:  April would I be able to bore a hole in the side of it somewhere to stick in a magnet?
Explanation: I have an animated Commander Cody which doesn't have any holsters, so I figure I could put a magnet in the belt and magnet in the gun and "stick" it to my belt when I'm not holding it.

Only thing with that is they would probably be more tempting and easier for kids to grab.
Clones are cooler
I could design and print bigger blasters, but the bigger they are the less advantages a 3D printer will have. I am planning to get a CNC milling machine later in the year and I can have a go at using lighter materials to machine.

We have a smaller CNC at the hacker space I belong to, and the guys CNC machined Warhammer 40K guns from latex foam, they turned out reasonably well considering what they are made from:

[Image: 9938_10151829685803986_204866087_n.jpg]

and this was machined from high density styrofoam:

[Image: 65218_10151829685578986_1591775121_n.jpg]
Southern banking clan security engineer
i hope hasnt affected you?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/downlo...6639181002
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
No, not really I dont do firearms. Just props.

I have printed the first one, am adjust some things so it prints a little neater next time but otherwise its turned out ok:

[Image: P1220029.JPG]

[Image: P1220030.JPG]

[Image: P1220033.JPG]
finished painting and weathering the prototype:

[Image: IMG_6696.JPG]

[Image: IMG_6698.JPG]
Very nice Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
So this is how it prints, for those who are interested, you can add extra weight to the blaster if needed. Each blaster, once painted weighs approximately 250 grams.

[Image: IMG_6703.JPG]

Im happy to print these for people here in Australia.
soooo many guns so little $$$. April I would be interested in 1 or 2 of these.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hey April,

The blasters look great !

Can you please start a "for Sale" thread in the junkyard for these ? Helps keeps things "above board" so to speak.

Thanks Smile
What an awesome job! I would love to order 2 of these from you. Please PM me the price and payment details.
cheers
Hiya, As I do not have a clone myself I just need Garrett to verify that the sizing is correct with the first prototypes. Once that is sorted I start a thread in the for sale forum and we can organise something then.
I just thought I would update this thread. Some people saw my post regarding this on FB, but for those who havent.

There is a vendor known as "Find Your Collectables" whom has a copy of my blaster and is selling them in resin cast for $120 each. They are not the correct size, and at a guess I would say he has used the sample I had online to generate the thumbnail rather than the full model to print them.

I have approached them but am still waiting for a response. While open source implies one is allowed to download and print their own, the terms I use are for non commercial purposes.

I guess imitation is the best form of flattery
Yeah, I saw that April...

Not a nice thing for them to do... Sad

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLone Blaster Weathering Beanie 3 1,171 Sunday 12-May-2013, 01:05 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma
  Looking for plans DC-15 Long Animated version The Sniper 0 516 Monday 11-Feb-2013, 08:43 AM
Last Post: The Sniper