question about supernova
hi all,
enquiring about supernova in Brisbane in November. I am considering trying costuming for sometime and since I have a few months spare was hoping for some info. Firstly the costume would be quite large and cumbersome and therefore is there a changing area? is there a certain day or time that star wars characters can have a venue or is it everyone for themselves? does redback organize something amoungst themselves??? general logistics? I hope someone can help and let me know
thanks all
Redbacks organise their own stand for the venue so we enter the event as vendors not general public. That stand is then ours for the entire event.... Slices for the stand become available nearer the event and the price for the slice covers our stand location, power, Vendor ticket access and some sundries i believe.

We do not get promised a changing area ... from what I understand that comes down to the negotiation abilities of the Garrison Event Manager (GEM) and how kind/space available the event organisers are
DW2013 to DW2018
If you are a Garrison Member by then, and buy a slice, you will be more than welcome to utilise the change room if one is provided.

As said though, being provided with a change room is very last minute, and no guarantee.

Also, if we have too many people with large costumes, and large bags, the space gets taken up very quickly, and we need to try and share our space as best we can.

What sort of costume are you hoping to wear?

If we don't get a change room, is it the sort of costume you can change into in the car park? Smile

Car Park changes are always our back up option, and last resort, but we've all done it at one event or another.
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
*What Sithprincess said.
(Sunday 9-Jun-2013, 10:04 PM)Sithprincess Wrote:  What sort of costume are you hoping to wear?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Wampa Smile
Hey welcome Wampa!
A 'slice' is like a pass for you to get into Supanova over the whole event. The price will be set closer to the event and you will need to buy one to 'troop' with the Garrison. The price helps pay for the club's area to set up displays in, electricity and such, and we hope, to help secure us a change area.

Once you decide on a costume making it and wearing it at Nova is a great idea, gives you a deadline. Some costumes can take a while to assemble, source and put together.

Good luck!
Many of our members stay at "The Manor" just up the road.
If you can;t get a change room, maybe you can ask someone if you can lend their room for the short peroid.
You'd have to work in your timing with them though....

Alternatively, funds depending, you could stay at the Manor as well for the weekend.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
thanks all, will the "slices" be advertised here or through the garrison web page, and do I need "costume approval" before joining the garrison or can you enroll and then enroll your costume as well??
You need an approvable 501st costume to become a full member
DW2013 to DW2018
All the information you seek on joining is listed in detail here:

http://501st.com.au/join-the-501st-legion/

The "slices" will be listed, but in area that is only visible to approved members. So you would need to have an approved costume if you wanted to attend Nova and get all the extra perks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supernova Hi Darkvoyd 19 25,626 Sunday 13-Nov-2011, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Doc