E-11 metal pipe build
Getting close but don't think will be finished for nova. Prob will still bring it for anyone who wants a closer look at what I'm doing

[Image: null_zps5fff3643.jpg]

[Image: null_zps0992d615.jpg]

Also got my counter painted tonight

[Image: null_zpsa0b48954.jpg]

Plus the all important TKID Smile
[Image: null_zps2fd5a17b.jpg]

Please ignore the while paint drys coat hanger holder Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
I don't think metal guns will be allowed?...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
would they notice or care? but if they do its meant to be more a display build and in preparation for going Centurion down the way so if its not allowed in I use my Hasbro conversion instead... but I did see a vendor selling full metal replicas of e-11's at Gold Nova Artist Alley this year (at the end of the day mine is just a metal pipe, a spring and a few screws & bolts with the rest still resin)
DW2013 to DW2018
Normal weapon rules don't apply to the 501st at Nova Smile
(Wednesday 6-Nov-2013, 09:02 AM)Bullant Wrote:  Normal weapon rules don't apply to the 501st at Nova Smile

That's right as other wise the BFG blaster's wouldnt be allowed as they go over the length limit.

getting back on point

the item arrived for the other modification to the build I'm looking at doing

[Image: null_zps3f46f692.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018
question for you Duras, how much has this cost you so far, without the electronics for the guts of it
Mostly time and the wife's patience Smile

the metal tube for the barrel was a $5 table leg from Ikea but you can alternatively use PVC electrical tube (I have some spare if you want it... cost me $6 for enough pipe to make 9 blasters)

Paint is mostly the cheap Australian Export stuff from SuperCheapAuto mostly (4 cans for $10). I've used the Gray Primer, Gloss Black, Satin Black and Chrome on this. I did splurge though on a Hammerite Hammered Black paint at $18ish from Masters as I like the finish

The resin pipe build kit from doopydoos.com is UK pounds 25.99 ... (you can get a complete kit which includes a pipe as well for UK pounds 37.99) the one i have doesnt include a scope, counter, power cylinders or T-track though

The spring was US$10

Scope rail is a $5 3mm strip of aluminium from Bunnings cut and bent

the scope - about $87 posted from US

so only prices I don't remember at the moment are

the counter - over $100
the power cylinders - kit from a US member off whitearmor.net $20-30ish?
the t-track - ordered from UK member off whitearmor.net
DW2013 to DW2018
thank you, and my wife's patience with me will be put on the line as i am looking at making my own e-ll blaster.
I'll let you know when i start the build as i have a mate who has to look at the plans first as he runs a cnc lathe and my save me some time.
Lucky Smile

Mine was drill press and a dremel with a guide rail Smile

He just doing the barrel for you or more?
DW2013 to DW2018
i've got to talk to him about at the end of the month, cause if he can make the whole plans on CNC, i might not need doopy's resin pipe kit
Went shopping today for screws to bolt my scope to the rail...ooh that was fun

Thanks to help from Azrael (jawas are not all bad) and my local Masters was I found these two screws loose in the drawers
[Image: null_zps5fff1b97.jpg]

As there was no packet and no idea where they came from they said 50 cents each and gave me a code to give over at the till....who promptly charged me for only one Smile

Test fit shows a slight gap but there should be taken up by the counter bracket when I make that or filled with couple of washers

[Image: null_zpsa4265cd6.jpg]

And then a test fit of the bolt, spring and bit of foam hidden in the butt plug so spring not so loose

[Image: null_zps11a1730b.jpg]

Also put in some door stripping stuff to help give a tighter fit and bit of friction so doesn't move while just walking
[Image: null_zps28feb967.jpg]
DW2013 to DW2018
So now a $30 heat gun is my favourite toy ever as made the t track install so easy

[Image: null_zps2d25ac73.jpg]

Especially when I screwed up and forgot to leave the last hole for the scope rail and had to rip the top one out again Wink

Need a pic in better light but here it is nearly finished

[Image: null_zpsfdbc2336.jpg]

So just the counter mount and range finder to go but too late to finish now with move in 2 days
DW2013 to DW2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Pipe for Doopy Doo's E-11 and now build Ratchet 16 4,242 Monday 4-Nov-2013, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Ratchet