Blaster Import Q & A
thanks Scotty (and everyone else) was looking for a dc-15 long kit. as i posted earlier it was knocked back when i sent in for the permit last year. i have no idea how Major Payne got his through customs. you lucky bastard. still mite just build mine.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Right, I have my reply fm the Weapons Licensing Branch which I posted to them Wednesday 16th March 2011
There reply is dated Friday 8th April 2011

Basically he draws my attention to section 8 subsection (a) of the Weapons Catergories Regulation 1997.

He then goes on to say, "It should be apparent that the Stormtrooper Blasters as replicas of category R weapons are classified as category R weapons as provided for in section 8 subsection (a) of the weapons categories regulation.

Guess I missed that part.

Anyway, the letter goes on to say weapons under this cat must be registered, I need a permit to acquire & a Form 31 & Cert for a firearm or weapon being permanently obtained.
Must also be stored as provided for in Part 6 Storage Measures for collectors, section 39 through 44, of the weapons regulation 1996, as cat R weapons, these weapons can not be openly displayed.

He then advises me that until I hold a cat R (collectors licence) to which the & I quote "Nominated Weapon" maybe registered, I do not propose to issue the requested Form B709A" unquote.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've already paid for my E-11 from SDS which cost me £150.00 with holster, roughly $233.00 not including shipping.
Finger's crossed & hope for the best it doesn't get stopped at customs?

...I just read the letter again where he writes, I quote "Information obtained from the internet indicates the original Star Wars movie props Storm Trooper Blasters were made from deactivated World War 2 Sterling Sub-machine guns", un-quote

I made it quite clear in my application it was based on the UK Sterling & made of plastic's, no working parts. Seems to me he's over looked this part.

Jag Sad
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Yeah buying blasters from overseas is a big risk especially from UK and especially whem they resemble real-world weapons.
This is not blaster related, but weapons related. I received my left handed holster from the UK today. Also this is a standard holster that I will be modifying for a Star Wars costume. It had been opened and checked by Australian Customs and Border Protection Service.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
I don't know why anyone tries importing replica weapons with all the rules, regs and trouble importing these items.

There a plenty of plans and how to's to make your own, as well as suppliers of parts or makers of the whole blaster here in country.

Don't forget sending in paper work to the cops and customs may end up highlighting our little hobbie group to someone who has the power to make laws so we can't carry our plastic pop guns anymore.

Remember what happened to one of the European Garrisons when someone kept highlighting the fact that members were getting around with blasters. Everone lost their gear and charges were laid.

Hate for that to happen here.
Too true.

Touch wood, I have not had any of my blasters seized at customs.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Sry Crypto, but can you tell me of a maker in Aus, as i would like to keep it in the country but i dont know of anyone lol
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Jag,
Sorry to hear that mate. All I can suggest is that you get the guys you bought it off to state in writing that it is a movie prop, what it is made from, no moving/working parts, take some photos of it on a stand.
I did all of that with my wifes Jawa blaster and I got mine through and the Jawa blaster is based on two WWII weapons.
When I put in my application I asked the question, what will happen if it has been paid for and shipped and it gets held up and I don't have my paperwork. They told me that so long as you have your application in and there isnt any issues with the application, if customs get in touch with you and it has been flagged or held up all you need to do is tell them that you are awaiting your approval and they will hold it for 120 days.
Thats all I can tell ya mate...sorry that it has gone a bit pear shaped for you.
Hope this sort of helps.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Wednesday 13-Apr-2011, 09:42 PM)Phantom Wrote:  Jag,
Sorry to hear that mate. All I can suggest is that you get the guys you bought it off to state in writing that it is a movie prop, what it is made from, no moving/working parts, take some photos of it on a stand.
I did all of that with my wifes Jawa blaster and I got mine through and the Jawa blaster is based on two WWII weapons.
When I put in my application I asked the question, what will happen if it has been paid for and shipped and it gets held up and I don't have my paperwork. They told me that so long as you have your application in and there isnt any issues with the application, if customs get in touch with you and it has been flagged or held up all you need to do is tell them that you are awaiting your approval and they will hold it for 120 days.
Thats all I can tell ya mate...sorry that it has gone a bit pear shaped for you.
Hope this sort of helps.

Thank's Phantom I'll do as you suggest & hope for the best.
Jag Sad
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
(Wednesday 13-Apr-2011, 07:57 PM)Deimos161 Wrote:  Sry Crypto, but can you tell me of a maker in Aus, as i would like to keep it in the country but i dont know of anyone lol

crypto makes complete blasters, there is also a guy on TAG called barking dragon that makes up resin parts, all you need to do is buy a pipe. Both great options Smile
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
woooo, hey crypto you know how your my best friend????lol Pm coming you way dude

(Wednesday 13-Apr-2011, 03:39 PM)Jaggered Wrote:  Right, I have my reply fm the Weapons Licensing Branch which I posted to them Wednesday 16th March 2011
There reply is dated Friday 8th April 2011

...I just read the letter again where he writes, I quote "Information obtained from the internet indicates the original Star Wars movie props Storm Trooper Blasters were made from deactivated World War 2 Sterling Sub-machine guns", un-quote

I made it quite clear in my application it was based on the UK Sterling & made of plastic's, no working parts. Seems to me he's over looked this part.

Jag Sad

Kinda sounds like he didnt even read it.
Here's an interesting story in today's paper....

Ripley's Alien gun too dangerous to allow into Queensland, police rule

REAL WEAPON: Alien actress Sigourney Weaver (L) wouldn't be permitted to use this gun in Queensland. Source: The Daily Telegraph

THEY were used to destroy some the meanest baddies in Hollywood history but Queensland police have now deemed them to be real weapons and illegal to boot.

A movie buff who imported three model space guns based on the film Alien has found himself tied up in red tape when customs officers claimed they were prohibited weapons.

In the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal member Peta Stilgoe expressed understanding about collector Mark Hamish Beckett's frustration with bureaucracy but found she did not have the authority to rule on his case.

Ms Stilgoe was asked to settle the question QCAT hearing on the papers.

The tribunal heard Mr Beckett purchased three model space guns, replicated from the 1986 movie Aliens, and when two of the guns arrived in Queensland Australian Customs issued a seizure notice stating the guns were prohibited items.

Customs then notified Mr Beckett that to enable the release of the guns he needed "written confirmation in the form of a police permit from the Queensland police before the goods could be issued."

Mr Beckett made the application but Queensland police told him they believed the guns were category R weapons and he needed a permit to acquire.

Ms Stilgoe said Mr Beckett considered the guns to be artefacts, pieces of movie memorabilia, or perhaps novelty items but not weapons in any real sense of the word.

The police without the benefit of an inspection had classified them as weapons.

"When viewed from Mr Beckett's perspective, his frustration at the bureaucracy is understandable," Ms Stilgoe said.

However, she found the tribunal did not have jurisdiction to determine the matter.

She did indicate that, perhaps, police might like to inspect the weapons before any further action.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
I love one of the comments on the cmail website

"Joe from Ipswich of Ipswich Posted at 1:25 PM Today
The Courts have ruled that a rubber band gun comes under the same category so this is not at all surprising."

Funny how courts work.

I dont get if it doesnt have any moving parts why people have problems with importing them?
(Monday 18-Apr-2011, 05:13 PM)Deimos161 Wrote:  I dont get if it doesnt have any moving parts why people have problems with importing them?

Because when it's painted black and pointed at you in a robbery you are not really thinking "has it got moving parts?" .

A lot of armed hold ups are done with replica weapons.

Hence why we tell all noobs and members alike if you aren't in costume don't be getting any weapons out in public.

right yeah total noob question there. Can really tell I thought about that one lol Banghead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firearm ie replica import restrictions Hunter930 6 1,996 Tuesday 17-Jun-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ACE
  MSP5 - Import permit needed Bullant 8 2,766 Thursday 10-Oct-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bullant