Newbie E-11 options....
No, you don't need a license to carry a toy (which is what it is). Just don't go waving it around in public without your costume on, and you should be fine Wink
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

(Wednesday 9-May-2012, 01:06 PM)major payne Wrote:  No, you don't need a license to carry a toy (which is what it is). Just don't go waving it around in public without your costume on, and you should be fine Wink

Excellent, just that I know the cops can be a bit funny about this sort of thing up here.
Yes, but if your wearing a Stormtrooper oufit, they seem to overlook the fact you are carrying a replica weapon Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Just be aware that even though it is a toy gun once they have been painted up black and made to look like a real one they can fall under the "replica firearms " term.

To be safe leave it in your kit bag till you are in costume and make it the last thing you pull out.
(Wednesday 9-May-2012, 11:31 AM)AndrewW Wrote:  So does anyone know of anywhere that has these available at the moment?

In case it got lost in the conversation about licensing ... does anyone have any leads on Hasbro E-11s? There's still the Aus ebay seller flogging them for $60 delivered, but I was hoping to get one at a more reasonable price.
(Wednesday 9-May-2012, 05:15 PM)crypto Wrote:  Just be aware that even though it is a toy gun once they have been painted up black and made to look like a real one they can fall under the "replica firearms " term.

To be safe leave it in your kit bag till you are in costume and make it the last thing you pull out.

And when you are in costume in a public place, be careful about pointing your weapon at people.
I did get a strange look and a quick conversation with my police neighbors from up the road when I was in the final stages of painting and detailing, once they noticed the armour/helmet etc it clicked for them. Best to keep it concealed until in uniform and then wield with care.

Terror

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doopy Doos E-11 options Scout472 13 3,891 Friday 20-Jul-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Sly