Newbie E-11 options....
I have been doing some reading and research and have some good options in regards to the E-11. Being new to it all what would other members say is the better/funner/smarter option to go?

1. Get the hasbro blaster and mod it with the DD's kit.
2. Get the DD's kit and do the pvc pipe build.
3. Get the full DD's kit and build it.
4. Scratch build from the numerous plans and build up threads.

Could go the easy way and buy one all ready built, painted and weathered but does not seem fun though?

Terror
Hasbro is the best option for trooping....relatively cheap, sounds and lights - the kids love that.
A scratch build takes a while...talk to Crypto,TheWolf and Seantrooper. They are more rewarding but would you really want to hand one to a kid at a troop and have them drop it and break it??
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
If you want a "general" E-11, then buy a hasbro and mod it with DD kit. Building one from scratch is a lot of work and giving it to a kid and dropping it will break your heart.2cents
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
I've done a hasbro mod and am now doing another hasbro mod (grinding out t track and adding holes, etc...) , also have a full resin kit , and am working on a pipe build! But hey its only been 10 weeks... Lol... Very addictive! Hasbro cheap easy built in sound for younglings... Get excited build a pretty one later....

Wrecked my first pipe build drilling lol.... You can mod up a hasbro to all sorts of levels, replace fins, drill holes, lengthen it, replace parts, scratch build scope, mag etc.. if you want the thrill of the mod... Or just glue on the DDs and paint, DO THAT FIRST...
Istarted going nuts on my first one then painted for Trooping...

Good luck![/b]
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Thanks for all the advice and direction, Just ordered the DD kit to mod the Hasbro blaster, now to find a blaster....
Anyone know of any in the shops in brissy atm? I went looking today at Big W, Target, Mr toys and Toyworld but nada. Maybe Toys r Us and if no go then ebay as a last resort.

Terror
I'd try ebay. Target only has blasters some of the time if at all, and as far as I know the other stores don't stock them.
Target had them on sale for $20 about 6 months ago, doubt you'll find one tho. Ebay is the way to go, you can get one from HK pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hasbro-Star-W...3a6d698336

I (as almost everyone here) have a modded Hasbro and I troop with it. As when you put alot of love (and heaps of money) into an accurate blaster, you don't want to damage it yourself, let alone giving it to a kid.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

(Sunday 5-Feb-2012, 09:47 PM)major payne Wrote:  Target had them on sale for $20 about 6 months ago, doubt you'll find one tho. Ebay is the way to go, you can get one from HK pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hasbro-Star-W...3a6d698336

I (as almost everyone here) have a modded Hasbro and I troop with it. As when you put alot of love (and heaps of money) into an accurate blaster, you don't want to damage it yourself, let alone giving it to a kid.

Missed them, went evil bay (hongkong in fact, my brother can't find them any cheaper in Texas btw...)

.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Blaster now ordered from Hong KongSmile Cant wait to start my first build/mod while waiting for my armor to arrive

Terror
I did the pipe blaster build and it was a lot of work but looks great. Is a little heavy to troop with but you look the part.

[Image: 6174761269_3bd6c634d2_m.jpg] [Image: 6174761255_8f693a1624_m.jpg]
(Wednesday 8-Feb-2012, 07:03 PM)3phase Wrote:  I did the pipe blaster build and it was a lot of work but looks great. Is a little heavy to troop with but you look the part.

[Image: 6174761269_3bd6c634d2_m.jpg] [Image: 6174761255_8f693a1624_m.jpg]

That looks awesome 3phase. One day I will get to that build skill level......maybe

Terror
Well done mate. Wink
Well my DD's kit came from the UK but still have to wait for my blaster from honkersSad

Gives me time to clean up the resin bits and read the tutorials on the build that others have done.

[Image: DSCF7801.jpg]

Terror
mate go to trooperbay.com he has e-11 blasters for $39 USD WITH FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!! then yeah just paint and attach! easy!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Just make sure you put the blaster tip on the right way, and don't cut the led.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doopy Doos E-11 options Scout472 13 3,895 Friday 20-Jul-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Sly