Hello from SW of Brisbane
Hey Andrew...welcome aboard mate.

Sounds like you are on the right path with all the armour research already. Need help just shout we are a pretty friendly bunch.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the Redbacks mate.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Greetings and welcome :-)
[Image: bannerstrip3.jpg]
Welcome!

I'm in Marsden, so not far away either.
Give me a yell if you want to check out some armour some time.
What height/build are you?
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Wednesday 9-May-2012, 05:46 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  What height/build are you?

Good question, funnily enough one of the things that was initially holding me back was thinking that I was too short ("aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?"). But I was happily surprised to read that the movie TK costumes were designed for someone 5' 10" tall.

I'm 5' 9.5" and around 80 kilos, a little above my best fighting weight but I'm turning 40 in October so I'm not doing too bad Wink

My understanding is that the MM armour should fit someone of my height and build reasonably well, is that right?
Hi Andrew, and welcome. Nobody is too short, tall, fat or thin to be a Stormtrooper. There are a few of us here that are quite a few inches shorter than the average trooper, me included. Yes there alot of different armour makers out there, all designed to better suit different body types. MM is more for the average trooper. Good luck on your journey, I look forward to meeting you and helping in any way I can. I live up at Caboolture, nowhere near you :P But I too collect Lego Star Wars, and my wife thinks I'm an idiot Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

I'm about 5'11, and a touvh under 100 kgs.
I have AM armour as I am a little bulgy in the middle, but you sound close enough to well proportioned, that MM, AP, or any of the more screen accurate armours would fit you well.

There is a little leeway in how you strap it, but you should not have a problem.
Best bet is to get a look at some sets, and decide what would suit you better or which you would like. Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
PM sent Andrew....
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

Hi there Andrew, welcome to the Redback forums. Hope you enjoyed DW as much as we did. There are plenty of guys and girls that can point you in the right direction as to building your TK.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hi Andrew! I'm also a stones throw away from you, down at Flagstone. I have a set of MM armour that I've modified to fit my more, ahem, portly figure. I'm more that happy to bring it around sometime for you to have a look at. Smile

Cheers!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

(Wednesday 9-May-2012, 09:55 AM)Buzzard Wrote:  Hi Andrew! I'm also a stones throw away from you, down at Flagstone. I have a set of MM armour that I've modified to fit my more, ahem, portly figure. I'm more that happy to bring it around sometime for you to have a look at. Smile

Brilliant. ScOrP has already offered to show me his FX and Altmans TK armour, and I'm really keen to check out the MM as well.
Perhaps we can coordinate a get-together between us. I'll pm scorp as well.
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Welcome! Yeah, there are a few of us who live near to you. Doppeldaumen1

You're gonna have so much fun. Smile
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
I live absolutely no-where near you. - which some would say is a good thing Hehehe

But am always willing to travel. - something that many dread I think. :P
Meeting arranged... should be able to verify at the same time.

See you as arranged Andrew.
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"