Hello from SW of Brisbane
Hello,

My name is Andrew, and I've seen the 501st in action at several events over the last couple of years (Auscon/Gencon etc) and I've always been intrigued by you guys.

I had an epiphany yesterday, when I took my two kids aged 6 and 7 to Dreamworld specifically so my son could see all the stormtroopers. I'm sure there will be a few of you who might remember me, I was the guy with the boy in the TK-421 shirt who must have had his photo taken with every single 501st member, at least twice. The realisation I came to was that you guys seem to have a hell of a lot of fun, and I could see the joy that you were bringing to the kids lining up for their photos. So after talking it over with my wife (who thinks I'm nuts, especially considering my current 'hobby' is collecting every Star Wars Lego set I can get my hands on), I've decided that I have to get my own set of TK armour and come out trooping with you guys and girls, if you'll have me that is.

I've spent a lot of time today reading forum posts and websites from around the globe regarding TK costumes and the do's and don'ts of buying your first set of armour. It seems that muppet is the person to talk to, so I'll send him a PM, and hopefully there might be an armour party or similar sometime soon where I can come along and see the different types of armour up close?

I realise this isn't going to be a quick process, and I'm looking forward to acquiring and building my gear so that I can come out trooping with you all.

edit: I don't know if there is anyone local around here, but I live in the Greenbank area.

Cheers,

Andrew.
Andrew, you've made an amazing decision!

Joining the Redbacks was one of the best choices I've ever made. We get to be superheroes, make the kids smile, raise money for charity - and best of all, we get to hang out with amazing funny people at the same time!

Sounds like you've done your homework, so all that's needed now is to come and chat to us when we're not wearing the buckets - and go from there!

Best of luck on your TK journey. You wont regret it!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Tuesday 8-May-2012, 09:35 PM)Moxxxie Wrote:  Best of luck on your TK journey. You wont regret it!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't wait until I tell my son, he is going to blow a fuse when he finds out Smile
Andrew... I am not far from you and would be happy to either visit you with my armour or have you or you and your family around and we could go through some armour basics.

Muppet is the one who can best advise on how to get started.

If you are keen to have a look at some armour then reply here and we can work out the details.....

ScOrP
TK758
RBG
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

Welcome to the Redbacks Andrew.

You're on your way. Enjoy the journey.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Welcome to Redback Garrison.

You've made a great decision. Joining the 501st was a turning point in my life.
And as Moxxxie said, you just need to meet us with the buckets off, or in my case of that weekend, it's with the horns, contacts and face tattoos off. Wink

Might even be able to get the little one set up with Galactic Academy. Wink
Welcome aboard mate, you should get your little man in a Jawa or there are some kids armour kits around as well sign him up to the Galactic Academy.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome aboard. Smile
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
A very warm welcome to you Andrew. I remember you from DreamWorld, your little boy was just gorgeous!!!

I had the same epiphany as you at SuperNova 2011. I had been hanging around these guys for years because my very good mate Moxxxie joined up. But it wasn't until 2011 that I saw the fun, friendship and pure joy of the whole thing.

I was in.

I'm super glad you saw it too Smile may the journey begin!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 8-May-2012, 09:41 PM)ScOrP Wrote:  If you are keen to have a look at some armour then reply here and we can work out the details.....

Thanks ScOrP, that's a very kind offer and I'm definitely keen to have a look. I'll send you a PM with my details and we can see if we can organise a time to meet up.

And thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome, I should be heading to bed now but I think I'll be spending the night looking at TK build threads Smile
Welcome Andrew,
As another newbie I can say without reservation that you've made an excellent decision. There are plenty of people on here to help you on your way, I know I've received heaps of help & support. I'm also looking at starting a TK build soon so watching your progression will be interesting.
After you've spoken to Muppet and made a decision on Armour, a good site to check out for builds is www.whitearmor.net which is the home of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detatchment, a great bunch of guy's & girl's who are sure to make you feel at home.
Hope you enjoy your journey.
Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi and welcome Andrew, TK is a great first set. Relatively cheap (compared to other costumes)to set up and great fun.
Don't worry about the better half, mine thinks I am a bit crazy too..( I am 48)..
Growing old is mandatory, growing up, optional.
Go for it.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hi Andrew and welcome, I think we had a chat on the weekend, I do remember your son!

I'm in Jimboomba, so literally a stones throw away!

If I can help at all, please let me know!

Cheers!
Mark
"Rumours and slander are the currency of narrow minded fools, yet truth, though often unpalatable, is the greatest reward known to man"
(Tuesday 8-May-2012, 11:26 PM)Goose Wrote:  Hi Andrew and welcome, I think we had a chat on the weekend, I do remember your son!

It's quite possible, I spoke to quite a few members on Sunday Smile

Quote:I'm in Jimboomba, so literally a stones throw away!

Yes that is very close, glad there are so many people close by.
Welcome to the Redbacks Andrew I joined about a year ago and have not regretted my decision once.

Keep an eye out on the forum for Armor Parties as they are a chance to meet the garrison, talk, drink and also help put armor together.

Also you dont need to have your TK finished before you come and troop with us we can always use some non suited members to wrangle for us.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky