Hasbro E-11: Satin or Matt
I have completed my hasbro E-11 doopy-doos conversion, painted with 2 coats of hammered silver, and 2 coats of satin black.

However, I'm finding that the satin looks more gloss than satin.

I bought a can of matt clear coat, and was just about to let spray when I started having second thoughts.

Any suggestions? Is the general consensus that matt or shiny looks better for the E-11?
Personally a Matt fan Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
This is what it currently looks like. Although I reckon it looks shinier in real life than what it shows in the photo. I'll try and get a picture of just the blaster tomorrow when there's better lighting.

[Image: IMG_1727.jpg]
I prefer a Satin to Matt finish rather than shiny...the handle should be a gloss and the remainder a satin or matt finish. If you want to get picky, the t-track should be matt as the originals were rubber.
You could try going over some of it with a clear satin or clear matt in thin layers till you get want you want.
Here's my Doopy pipe kit...
[Image: DSCF7030.JPG]

You can find it on this thread...
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-4423.html

Although looking at it again...I might do my current one I'm making with a little more matt rather than satin.
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
I prefer to use matt as the oil frm your hands will eventually make parts go shiney anyhow, and it gives it a nice 'worn' look.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
I think they look better with a matt coating, guns shouldnt really be shiny :P
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
OK, matt it is. Although if the current weather keeps up it might have to stay satin for Logan Library on Saturday, I wouldn't want a cloudy clear coat.
for e-11's, the grips(handle) should be gloss black. The rest should be a hammered finish. I used a hammered black paint for most of my e-11, and lightly sprayed a satin black over it. I think an entirely matte one would look pretty funny.

As for the t-tracks, I'm pretty sure that the originals were actually a hard plastic track... not made of rubber.

Check out my e-11 build thread for the paints I used Smile

Just fully read your first post,

you only need a VERY LIGHT coat of the satin, otherwise it will start to look too shiny.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
(Thursday 23-Aug-2012, 10:08 AM)seantrooper Wrote:  As for the t-tracks, I'm pretty sure that the originals were actually a hard plastic track... not made of rubber.

There is some speculation that the original tracks were made of hard plastic, probably sliding door tracks, however, some other people suggest the original ANH tracks were made of rubber. Early Landrover windshield wipers to be exact. Later when they started casting weapons and parts of weapons in the later movies, they went over to a cast, hard track.

So it's never really been confirmed... Just speculation on bits that look the part.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Thursday 23-Aug-2012, 01:09 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  
(Thursday 23-Aug-2012, 10:08 AM)seantrooper Wrote:  As for the t-tracks, I'm pretty sure that the originals were actually a hard plastic track... not made of rubber.

There is some speculation that the original tracks were made of hard plastic, probably sliding door tracks, however, some other people suggest the original ANH tracks were made of rubber. Early Landrover windshield wipers to be exact. Later when they started casting weapons and parts of weapons in the later movies, they went over to a cast, hard track.

So it's never really been confirmed... Just speculation on bits that look the part.

You've hit it spot on there wolf Smile

Couldn't have put it better myself! (I already tried :P)
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Even though my E-11 is on the shiny side, I perfer the matt look. To me, shiny means brand new or straight out of the box. E-11's are for the hard working TK, or dirty TD's, that see combat, when they can hit something. (rebel slur there):P
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)