fresh meat, hoping to join in on the fun!
Have you looked at the RT-Mod armour?
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Thinking about it, but I haven't heard of much people using rt-mod before. It's a little more expensive though especially the shipping as well as the waiting time is similar soooo... Might go AM/ATA instead
No worries. Just making sure you know all the options. A couple of us are looking at the RT down the track. Smile

Hi Kevin,
Just an FYI for you regarding RT-Mod :-

I've just placed my order & ETD is the 1st week of August. I've ordered the full kit (inc.Bucket) & freight is only $187USD, so cheap I didn't even bother getting a quote off of the freight companies I use @ work.

While the armor is a couple of hundred dearer than local armor, it is designed for taller & bigger troopers. Also the Helmet is 4% bigger to better match the scale of the armor (and when you've got a melon the size of mine that's a real bonus) If you're thinking of heading for either EIB or Centurion at some stage it's a better option than AM as it's Accurate enough to gain both extra levels. AM can also get there, but the chest & back either have to be modified or replaced.

Rob has been great, and very patient with my seemingly endless questions. He is a commercial pilot so if you contact him by email you may need to be patient as he works out of town for day's at a time, but has always been prompt with replies.

If you want some more info I'd suggest heading over to the FISD forum to have a read of some build threads, along with a "History Thread" by Rob. There are a few there, I like the one by a guy called Darth Aloha who is 6'5" & 245lb and it fit's him fine.

Anyway not trying to sell you on it, just offering you some info I've found along the way. Good luck with your selection, I'm sure you'll have a blast whichever way you go.

Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Oh true! Just wondering though, has anyone used Mouldman's armor? I'm really siding on that coz at least I can see it regularly, get it custom made (well, somewhat. And get help on building it) and fit it to my body. And plus I heard it was awesome! Can anyone refer to this? I'd love a second opinion!

... RT-Mod is indeed a little expensive, but I did read that it's good for people similar to my size, soooo... Still not sure, really contemplating here. But for now, I'm on the list for most of them.
A few of us do have their stuff. I have it with my TK and I really like it. It was an early HIPS versions but they now do them in ABS. You can get EIB & Centurion with his stuff too. I will be looking at getting another kit off them later on.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
I have Mouldmans also but it's small on me. I'm going to upgrade to RT later down the track.

Yeah I would have loved to support our local vender, alas my "svelte"Rolleyes figure would not lend itself to Mold Mans gear.
If you can fit it go for it as it's great quality, cheap, & as Phantom said you can also go EIB/Centurion if you want to take it that far, I just couldn't stand thinking about the size shims I would have needed.
Oh dear... I'm fairly tall (nearly 6'0, I'm about 180-182?) with a regular build (don't know how it goes with size but maybe I am a bit big? I have no idea) so I'm not sure hence why the ATA/AM armor choice. Oh dear... Now I'm concerned about size! Oh snap!
I think you'll be pretty spot-on for MoldMan at 6'0 & 80kg. RT-Mod or AM for that matter would probably be overkill for you at your size, I only went that way as I'm 110kg & needed the extra room.
Hopefully Phantom will chime in again as I'd recon he's around your size.
I am about 6ft....well close enough Smile When I did my kit I did weigh a bit more than I do now.

But I think the MM kit will be ok maybe a little shimming but you don't know till you have a look. The AM kit I don't think you would need to do any shimming but maybe a lot of cutting. I don't know the RTMod kits so can't really comment on them for size. If you want to see it and how I have mine together drop me a line be more than happy to give you a first hand look.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
You'll have no problems with MM armour, I stand @ at 183cm which is 6ft straight & my TD is MM armour.

The only problem I have with my MM armour is that I guess you could say is that I didn't allow for room, the fit is a little to perfect.
Now as far as I'm concerned I don't think I'm big at all but also not small I do actually consider myself average or quiet the norm.
As such I've found that if I were to return to the gym I'd definitely have trouble with my chest plate & calf's, lol
Since there's one more level of MEPD I wish to achieve I do not want to change my armour so I have to grin & bare it at the moment Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh Meat dbais 9 11,443 Sunday 13-Nov-2016, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Altair
  Fresh Meat Starkiller 23 25,603 Friday 23-Sep-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Dantryi
  Fresh meat Whitey 7 9,278 Wednesday 18-Feb-2015, 09:02 PM
Last Post: TerrorFirma