Sly's first build E-11 Doopy full resin
More photos and final final assembly to come later today
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
I must say, the working cocking bolt was a little tricky to assemble as it had to be done while the PVC tube was in the barrel.
Image one and Two is the parts
[Image: paint2_zps49fb2247.jpg]
[Image: inerp_zps5e18c9c8.jpg]

I glued a washer into the 15mmdiam PVC tube
[Image: Washer_zpsdf17e954.jpg]

Now the fun begins. I slid the tube into the barell, put the cocking lever into the slot ( this i already had screwed a bolt into ) sorry didnt take a photo of this. Then had to use a small , more like tiny spanner, and tighten a nut onto the thread all in the back of the gun
[Image: Backbolt_zps9273a2d5.jpg]

[Image: rearbolt_zps6d28cfe7.jpg]

Then the filler piece (refer to the silver piece of plastic 4 images prior) was glued onto the pipe in the slot.
First image is of bolt inserted with spring into barrel before filler part installed.
As you can see I had already weathered some of the working/moving parts of the Blaster
[Image: oview_zpsd48fc7ef.jpg]
With filler part glued in place, I used gel CA glue for a fast bond
[Image: view_zps9946d705.jpg]

Weathering complete using Model Masters Brass 1782 and Steel 1780, dry brushing technique.
Small amount of paint on brush,then get as much off as you can on a piece of paper and lightly brush on high areas or areas that look like they would be bumped used frequently etc.
[Image: 2350d67f-c5d2-4ef6-8f32-fd4b8b758e75_zpsf58a942c.jpg]

[Image: cafb3488-82f4-494f-8ab9-7b7d6bb962dd_zps1e1a6dc5.jpg]
[Image: 3866a460-6cc7-4f71-af64-3f67ba368aa7_zpsdce45347.jpg]
[Image: 573db258-fc80-458d-98b5-56b530abe9c6_zpsffe4bdc2.jpg]

[Image: a6a0b412-994e-4a93-838f-67bded66443d_zpsf9d51f55.jpg]

Finished.
Now I need to decide on which armour to buy, think I'm leaning pretty heavily towards AP for the supply.
So I guess when it all happens, there is going to be another build thread.
Watch out for episode 2, ANH Stunt TK, coming to a galaxy near you.

Hey Sly.Nice work on the Blaster! c'mon I see a model builder there...(airfix or Revell perhaps)...Just been enquiring with the chaps over at FISD about fonts for Counters and thanks to TK 'Simpixels' he generously gave me the graphics they use at White armor to customize there own counters with there TK numbers...give me a call when you get your TK id and I'll make one up for that Flashy new blaster if you want
The counter graphics courtesy of the FISD...[Image: e-11countertest2_zps48f548dd.jpeg]
Thanks ACE, I will take you up on that

Well i thought, where or how am i going to store or display my E11.
looked on Doopys and didn't want to spend the dollars on their display stand and of coarse the freight is a killer, so, I drew up some plans, went to Bunnings and for $3.80, I bought a piece of 90mm x 12mm x 1.2 meter pine and got to work.

[Image: photo_zpscbd16dda.jpg]

Hopefully I have time to finish the display stand over the weekend, more pictures to come.

Mate, blaster is awesome and the detail is brilliantSmile

Terror
Thanks Terror

very nice... need to get off my arse and finish my pipe build.

still need to put the power cylinders together and make the mount for the counter
DW2013 to DW2018
I will update my build with numbers on the counter soon.

Hengsler Mod
I have been meaning to do this mod for yonks, Altairs beautiful Blaster build thread has inspired me to get off my butt and get this relativity easy upgrade done.

Simpixel from FISD makes it straight forward as he not only has a template with all measurements accurately done, but he can also supply a printable form of numbers to put on your Hengsler for added realism. I chose my TK ID 11469

[Image: IMG_1605_zpsjygbid4k.jpg]

First sanded the end flat, taking off what was the raised area of molded counter display. This is where I noticed that my Hengsler wasn't square. Quite obvious in this shot
Marked and ready to recess in for reset button and screen.

[Image: IMG_1602_zpsffqvaiwc.jpg]

I gave Altair a call, as I was having a devil of a time trying to print the display numbers out at the appropriate size.
He told me he had the same issue and trial and error was the only way.

Here I printed out various sizes, but for some reason, this time the 10mmx34mm actually printed at exactly that and is the one to use.

[Image: IMG_1604_zpsskvaxxz0.jpg]

It was time for some Dremmel action, also used a sharp chisel to hollow out the screen and counter reset button area.

[Image: IMG_1615_zps1jaml6y0.jpg]

Scope graciously, helped me out today with a piece of 4mm thick perspex. Thanks Jas, luv ya bro.

From that piece I cut out a section 10mm x 34mm.

[Image: IMG_1603_zpsd0w8xfzh.jpg]

I marked the depth it would sit in the recess, and used the end of an Artline pen to mark the curvature the original lens on the counter has.

[Image: IMG_1606_zpsevwfstvz.jpg]

Startinf with 80 grit sand paper, I slowly sand the curve into the perspex, following the line marked at either end., gradually moving to finer and finer paper.

[Image: IMG_1607_zps1vvy82uo.jpg]

Then hit it with 2000 grit Wet n Dry, and eventually the Dremmel with buffing pag and cutting compound.

[Image: IMG_1608_zps3resnoku.jpg]

Used a spare piece of ABS, and cut out the reset button, width, 10mm, length will depend on how deep you drill out the slot to put it in.

Image of the parts to complete the counter.

[Image: IMG_1612_zpsgzwal2gu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1610_zpstsdqgeen.jpg]

Assembled for test fit.

[Image: IMG_1613_zpslq18vbna.jpg]

Next step is to primer, colour coat and then clear finish, reassemble and all done.

Repainting time. Once the matt black has dried, I will weather and colour the crew heads.

[Image: IMG_1616_zpsaj7pi7om.jpg]

Looks sweet mate!
Well, you have got to love the weather conditions . Absolutely perfect for painting and drying.
24 degrees C, and 33% humidity. Everything just dries so quickly.

Painted, clear coated, and assembled.

[Image: IMG_1617_zps0nzwustc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1618_zpsn6dlklmm.jpg]

Mounted

[Image: IMG_1619_zps5i02dztp.jpg]

Now, I will consider doing the curley wires that connect the counter to the power cylinders.
Very few of the film used versions actually had these wires so we shall see. Maybe so more research will push me to go there.

wow , just wow, only one problem I see mate.............. you didnt make me one :P

Lols, great job Andrew
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Great job mate. Really finishes it off.
Can you outrun a rocket.... How about we find out.

DW2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Build Thread Doopy Doo E-11 Kit Build Wrexham 2 1,207 Sunday 18-Jun-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: pecklez
Build Thread Altair's Resin PA DC-17 Build Altair 11 3,334 Sunday 14-Feb-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Studio 49
Build Thread Altair's Resin Doopydoos E11 Build Altair 56 12,245 Monday 13-Jul-2015, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Whitey