Coyotes Kashyyyk build
This Kashyyyk build is my first 501st costume build and is thanks to the generosity of Uncle Apok who donated me the kit .
We started by stripping the original paintwork and resizing all of the armor to suit my build . Once the armor was stripped and primed it was given a base coat of MTN94 paint in black and then the base colour over top .
With the help of Slide Effect and Uncle Tim (O-evil one ) we have used a set of laser cut stencils and airbrush to reproduce the CGI camo on the original armor , the Blu-ray screenshots shot a large range of colours actually appear in the camouflage pattern and utilise blending and overlays to achieve the affect , the camo carries through to the cummerbund ,Molle straps and pouches .

This is a screenshot showing the colour spectrum and cummerbund with camo and Molle webbing .

All components were resized and stripped of paint .

Used plastic fusion to get the seamless finish required for the back tank installation.

Both the lower leg armor and biceps were substantially reduced and again plastic fusion gave a perfect seamless finish .

We MTN paints are outstanding for clone type 501st builds due to the colour range in excess of 200 colours .

Tamiya have a great range of airbrush colours , Dad and Wendell did the airbrush work , there was a couple of different incarnations before the final version was decided on , I’m really happy with the results so far .

I’m really hoping to have the project finished so I can be approved close to my 18th birthday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks great. Much better than being stuck in a box for 10 years haha. Nice build thread as well.
Nice one mate.  You've probably heard this a lot, but in this instance it's worth it.  Listen to your parents Hehehe
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
We will be referencing Bolt and Bally’s build threads on this one , given the additional discovery by Bolt regarding Greebs it will make for consistency.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Looking good! Interesting how this kit comes with ABS drop boxes.
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
(Sunday 10-Apr-2022, 06:00 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Looking good! Interesting how this kit comes with ABS drop boxes.

Just got excited and painted everything, cod and drop boxes need to be cloth covered .  Smile
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Thanks to Mammasith the cod piece that was scratch built from EVA and fibreglass and drop boxes are fabric covered and ready for paint , additional bicep greeblie that was found on the blueray by Bolt has been scratch built from ABS and painted .

DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
New paint added to covered parts , straps , greeblies and padding added to biceps , chest armor and tank shims fitted , toying with the idea of fully enclosing the armor

DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Wow awesome!
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bally's Big Kashyyyk Build Bally 26 7,993 Sunday 7-Nov-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Bally